Home PC Essentials: www.homepcessentials.com or www.hpce.com
Cost: Free to try, $14.95 for registered version.
User Guide: http://www.homepcessentials.com/passwordminderguide.aspx
hPCe Password Minder is very user-friendly software for storing and retrieving hard to remember user ids and passwords.
Store as many accounts as you like. For each account you can store account name, user id, password, web site address, and a note.
- Account name: This is the name you want to see to retrieve the account info by.
- User id: The user id you created or were assigned for that account.
- Password: The password you created or were assigned for this account.
- Web site address: This is an optional field where you can enter a web site address to associate with this account. If you choose to enter a web site address, when you retrieve the account info this will become a web link you can click to automatically launch your web browser and take you to the chosen site.
- Note: this is an optional text field where you can enter any additional information about the account. Some accounts have secret questions or security codes. This field allows you to store this info as well.
In today’s home computing environment we have user id’s and passwords for just about everything. We do more and more business on our computers every day. The average home PC user might have accounts with user id’s and passwords for sometimes over two dozen on-line accounts or software. The problem is a lot of people either try to use the same id and password on every account or they write the account id’s and passwords on sticky notes and stick them on their monitor. Neither of these is a very good idea. Password Minder allows you to easily store and retrieve as many user id’s and passwords as you can think of. All you’ll have to remember is one password to unlock your accounts. Then any of your user id’s and passwords are just a click away.