Outpost is a firewall, the technical name for a barrier between your computer
and the rest of the Internet. It?s like the locks on the doors of your home.
Most of your neighbors can probably be trusted not to walk into your home and
vandalize it or steal from you. Usually only a small number of your neighbors
are untrustworthy. But, if you live in heavily populated area, there are a
greater number of dishonest people around. The Internet is similar except that
your immediate neighborhood consists of hundreds of millions of people. Even the
small percentage of those people who have a destructive bent is a large number
of people. Outpost Firewall not only locks your computer?s ?doors?, it makes
your computer invisible on the Internet. Your computer normally lets other
Internet users know its address. It?s like the address sign of your home or the
license plate of your car. Your computer?s address is plainly visible. Outpost
prevents your computer from broadcasting its address unless specifically
authorized by you. Hackers are not just kept out; they cannot find out that your
computer is connected to the Internet.
Outpost Firewall?s Features
- Starts protecting immediately after being installed.
- Has a default configuration setting for new users.
- During the installation auto-configures for optimum protection.
- Can be customized in detail by advanced users.
- Makes your computer invisible on the Internet.
- Locks your computer?s ?doors? ports against intrusion.
- Let?s you decide how much an application should be trusted.
- Uses plug-ins to increase its power while keeping the same familiar interface.
- Stops Internet ads from distracting you or slowing your browsing.
- Prevents ad tracking of your surfing habits and interests.
- Prevents your computer from being controlled remotely.
- Notifies you of any hidden software attempting to ?phone home? to a hacker.
- Runs on all recent versions of Windows so can still be used if you upgrade.
- Uses very little system resources so does not noticeably affect your computer?s performance.
- Advanced Log System lets you view any event on your system.
- Successful on all known ?leak-tests?.
- Multi-language: Outpost Firewall supports 7 languages.