Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a full-blown anti-malware program that has recently left our labs and can be considered the next step in the detection and removal of malware. A new technologies that were especially designed to quickly detect, deter and destroy any malware that could reside in your computer.
The Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware application was designed to monitor every process and actually stops malicious processes before they even start. It uses our impressive technology that is in fact a completely novel way of heuristic scanning and it is our response to the increasingly complex malware threats.
And, as we did with our Malwarebytes' RogueRemover we also have added a threats center. You can simply check online which pests are removed the most and thus are the most prevalent.
Note: Some antivirus and antispyware programs flag ... as being infected/malware, although the application is perfectly safe and does not pose a threat to your system. This is called a 'false positive'. The term false positive is used when antivirus software wrongly classifies an innocuous ( inoffensive ) file as a virus. The incorrect detection may be due to heuristics or to an incorrect virus signature in a database. [Similar problems can occur with antitrojan or antispyware software.]
· (FIXED) Minor bug during product registration
· (FIXED) Moved purchase link to be less invasive
· (FIXED) Major bug quarantining registry values
· (ADDED) New heuristics for rogue spyware removers
· (ADDED) New banner image
· (ADDED) Protection module icon turns gray when protection disabled
Changes in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36 : (April 6th, 2009)
1. (FIXED) Minor cosmetic issue during removal process.
2. (FIXED) Minor problem with false positives.
3. (FIXED) Silent update no longer displays message on program update.
4. (ADDED) New heuristics for Vundo infections.