All My Movies is a nifty utility for cataloguing one's movie collection. It supports all formats, new ones - DVD, Video CD, AVI and MPEG files, and old ones as well - VHS tapes, for example. The program helps easily track films - which movies are loaned, which ones are borrowed, etc. Most importantly, the program is specifically designed for DVDs and works fully automatically with all digital carriers.
Basically, all a user has to do is to insert a DVD or scan a hard-drive. The program will extract all movie information - title, director, actors, description, genre, languages, subtitles, etc. If absent, this information can be imported from online movie databases, like IMDb.com with one mouse click or entered manually.
All My Movies? is a really multilingual video organizer application. Now it supports English, Russian, Greek, Dutch, French, Belorussian, Latvian, Polish, Serbian, Italian, Portuguese, Finnish, Swedish, Spanish and German languages.
The best thing about All My Movies is how easy it is to use. Having a tree-like database structure, program owner can quickly sort movies by genre, actor or director. Another great perk is an option to capture movie screens for DVDs and AVI files and attach them to the database. User comments can be added too.
True movie fans with thousands of titles in their collection are certain to like the fact that movie data stored with All My Movies can be exported to HTML, MS Excel or plain text files. In addition, the program comes with password protection options to prevent unauthorized access, and a straightforward loan manager. Another advantage is that the program support third-party plug-ins, including database import from other popular movie cataloguing applications.
The main features are:
- easy movie details import from internet movie databases IMDb.com (English), videoguide.ru (Russian), RMDb.ru (Russian), film.ru (Russian), OFDb.de (German) and cinebel.be (Dutch and French), KinoPoisk.ru (Russian) , moviemeter.nl (Dutch), filmweb.pl (Polish), film.tv.it (Italian), filmaffinity.com (Spanish)
- Ability to add DVDs using UPC/EAN barcodes. Just enter (or scan with a special scanner) barcode numbers and all the rest information All My Movies downloads automatically
- large cover image import from Amazon.com and DVDEmpire.com
- third party plug-ins supported
- import movie collection from other formats (CSV text format, MS Excel files, AMC files). Easy migrating
- clear vision of all your movie collection, nice statistics
- skinnable user interface. You can use standard Windows XP themes as skins
- capturing stills directly from your movie DVDs or AVI files to the database. which can help you remember the movie using your visual memory and evaluate quality of the movie's picture
- fast movie search by any of the database fields - Title, director, year, actors, genre, description, etc
- export your movie collection to HTML (several templates are available and you can create your own ones) , plain text or Microsoft Excel format, so you can place it at your home web page or import to some other software
- password protection of movie database. You can protect your adult movie collection from your children's prying eyes.
- an easy way to share your movie database with friends.
- easy to use loan manager
Changes in version 4.1 build 1234:
- added: new field Scenario
- added: fast movie locate by barcode
- added: ability to edit country, media location, friend directories. Check new menu item "Directories"
- added: extended actor, director and scenario details - birth date, birth place, filmography and biography with a photo. Can be downloaded automatically from the internet.
- added: CueCat barcode scanner support
- added: Movie Number to the list of available fields for export to MS Excel, HTML grid and plain text
- added: Plugins versions are shown in the About dialog
- added: press CTRL-D to add an exact copy of the current movie. Will not work in tree view mode
- added: custom fields export to text, MS Excel and to HTML simple table
- added: ability to use screenshot as a cover. New menu item in the popup menu
- added: ability to not add existing movies when "scan drive for movies"
- added: copy to clipboard popup menu item in HTML display mode. Also works with CTRL-C shortcut
- added: "movie number" to the list of "group by" fields
- added: batch rating update from IMDb feature. Find it in the Tools menu
- added: preview online retrieved details before pressing OK button in the movie card.
- added: MediaType and MediaLocation to the available additional columns list
- added: new movie card and HTML export template - Lite gray
- fixed: Play button works for the movies on network mapped drives too
- fixed: movie list font is set correctly now
- fixed: auto number feature when Add movie from DVD
- fixed: export to MS Excel, plain text and HTML grid when sort by media type and media location
- fixed: columns titles are always shown
- fixed: fullsize image viewer is closed now when you switch to another movie
- fixed: user defined fields TabSheet visibility in the movie card
- fixed: movie add when filter is set
- fixed: get name from folder in "scan drive for movies"
- fixed: small mouse wheel list scroll improvement
- fixed: kinopisk.ru - full description import and director import fix
- fixed: multiple countries import from imdb
- fixed: export to MS Excel sort by
- fixed: auto assign movie number when "Next Movie" button is pressed
- fixed: empty branches are not shown in the treeview mode now
- fixed: "not defined" genre are not added to the genres list anymore
- fixed: preferences are saved before compressing the database
- fixed: AMM remembers default online database added as a plugin
- fixed: sorting by column's title click. Movies sort is stored now
- fixed: barcodes should be saved now when using menu item Movie-Add by barcode
- fixed: Original title is shown in HTML mode only if it differs from Title
- fixed: Auto assigning of the movie number when new movie being added.
- fixed: when filter is active, editing movie details causes jump to the first movie
- fixed: some other minor bugs