Andrew Lloyd Webber chose Rahman to compose the music for his Bombay Dreams, a musical based on the Bollywood film industry. The pair began work on the project during the second half of 2000, and the musical opened in London during 2002. Bombay Dreams also ran for 284 regular performances at the Broadway Theatre in New York from April 29, 2004, to January 1, 2005.
Some of the tracks are re-worked from his older movie songs while others are new. A good listen for ARR fans everywhere!
* 1. Bombay Awakes
* 2. Bombay Dreams
* 3. Like An Eagle
* 4. Love's Never Easy (Reworked version, Original: Ishq Bina - Taal)
* 5. Don't Release Me
* 6. Happy Endings (Reworked version, Original: Rangeela Re - Rangeela)
* 7. Ooh La La (Reworked version, Original: Ooh La La La - Minsara Kanavu)
* 8. Shakalaka Baby (Reworked version, Original: Shakalaka Baby - Mudhalvan)
* 9. Are You Sure You Want To Be Famous? (Refined version, From: Sona Nahi Na Sahi - One 2 Ka 4)
* 10. I Could Live Here
* 11. Only Love
* 12. Chaiyya Chaiyya (Reworked version, Original: Chhaiyan Chhaiyan - Dil Se)
* 13. How Many Stars
* 14. Salaam Bombay
* 15. Closer Than Ever (Reworked version, Inspired from: Nahin Saamne - Taal)
* 16. Ganesh
* 17. The Journey Home
* 18. Wedding Qawwali
* 19. Bombay Sleeps
PS: It's quite amusing to listen to the English lyrics for tracks like "Ooh La la" and "Happy Endings" after listening to the originals!