This is the brand new OpenOffice.org 2.3.0 release, with lots of new features and enhancements.
Try it out, it is completely free!
OpenOffice.org is the leading open-source office suite: word processor, spreadsheet, presentation tool, drawing package, mathematical formulae editor and database.
It has been downloaded over 100 million times and has excellent compatibility with Microsoft Office, so it can easily read and write Excel, Word and PowerPoint files.
And the best is, you do not have to pay anything and you even get many unique features:
- 1-click PDF export (and soon import)
- Available in 80 languages, you can even use multiple languages inside one installation
- Easy to learn and use (spell checking, templates, macros)
- Integrated versioning lets you store multiple document versions inside one file, so you can easily revert your changes any time
- Stores all your data in an international open standard format (ODF)
- Very automizable, customizable and extendable by plugins
- Cross-platform (runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and other operating systems)
- OpenOffice.org is Open Source, meaning this is the full version, royalty-free and containing no Spyware or Adware
There is also a portable version available, so you can take it with you wherever you go and edit office documents on every PC or Laptop, with your own preferences, templates, dictionaries, PDF export, OpenDocument standard. Without installation. For free.
You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.