Active DJ Studio, an ActiveX control developed by MultiMedia Soft, adds sound playback and mixing capabilities to applications written with the most diffused development environments that accept ActiveX controls such as Visual Studio 6, Borland Delphi and Visual Studio.NET (if you develop Winforms applications we strongly suggest you considering our .NET native component Audio DJ Studio for .NET).
Active DJ Studio comes with built-in decoding capabilities in order to decode most common sound formats like MP3, WAV, Ogg Vorbis and many others: it can load different sounds at the same time on different virtual decks , usually defined as "players" (*), and, thanks to the use of DirectSound, allocated players can have separate Volume, Tempo, Playback Rate, Pitch and Equalizer values: each player comes with a set of embedded and configurable visual feedbacks like VU-Meter, Spectrum Analyser, Oscilloscope and Waveform.
An embedded automatic fader can easily mix audio tracks loaded inside a playlist with an accurate and configurable fade-in/fade-out.
Thanks to the integration with DirectShow, Active DJ Studio can load and play video files using formats whose specific codec is available on the target machine and, through the mentioned players, it can apply different sound effects (equalization, volume, DMO effects, etc.) to the sound portion of a video file.
Active DJ Studio is open to the external world of DSP effects: it can work with custom DSP effects developed by the developer himself and also with the multitude of VST effects available on the Internet.
Let's see a brief summary of the available features:
* Playback of the following audio formats: MP3, WAV, OGG Vorbis, MP4, AAC, M4A, AC3, FLAC, WavPack, ALAC, W64, AU, PAF, SVX, NIST, VOC, IRCAM, PVF and CAF
* Playback of PCM audio RAW formats
* Playback of Windows Media formats (requires the availability of Windows Media Player modules on the target PC)
* Playback of CD tracks
* Playback of MOD Music
* Playback of video clips whose DirectShow compatible codec is installed inside the target system
* Playback of files stored on an Internet server (not available for MOD music files)
* Playback of Internet radios (Shoutcast and Icecast streams)
* Possibility to change the player volume and the sound card volumes.
* Real-time embedded visual feedbacks (VU-Meter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum, Waveform display)
* Support for reverse playback of audio tracks
* Sound card output choice and speakers assignment
* Playlists support
* CDDB database queries (through FreeDb servers)
* CD cover pictures retrieval (through Amazon Web Services)
* Load sound files from memory
* Export loaded sound to WAV format (on both disk file or memory buffer)
* Automatic Fader
* Advanced equalizer and auto-equalization of audio tracks through formatted XML files
* BPM (Beats Per Minute) detection
* Beats position detection
* Tempo, Playback rate and Pitch support
* Position triggers management
* Cue points management
* Support for DirectX Media Objects (DMO) effects
* Support for EAX effects
* Support for custom DSP effects
* Support for VST effects
* Waveform analysis
* Support for delayed playback of loaded sounds
* Support for encrypted sounds
* Lyrics synchronization through LRC files
* Creation of graphic bars for custom displaying of Vu-Meters, Spectrum and Progress bars.
* Integration with our Active Sound Recorder and Active Sound Editor controls
A number of tutorials that will certainly help you beginning your developments with this powerful control can be found here.