Nero 8 brings a world of digital opportunities to your PC. The award-winning
suite lets you organize your
multimedia projects easily, helping you get the most from your digital content!
* Direct access to all features from the project launcher
* High Definition format support
* Data restoration on damaged discs
* Xbox 360? and PlayStation« 3 streaming features
* Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD burning support
* SecurDisc data protection support
* Copy a disc with just one click
* Graphics optimized for Windows Vista«
* Continual free updates
Nero StartSmart makes creating projects fun and simple:
One-Click Project LauncherNero StartSmart, the project launcher for Nero 8, lets
you directly access features and
perform one-click functions. The intuitive interface makes creating and managing
digital projects easy and
enjoyable. Optimized for use with Windows Vista«, Nero StartSmart even has an
integrated newsfeed system.
Nero 8 is the solution for your multimedia projects:
Nero 8 has the tools to help you handle all your multimedia projects. Whether
you plan to create a music mix with
MP3 files, edit vacation videos, touch up digital photos, make a slide show, or
convert content to play on a
mobile device, your results will be professional and dynamic.
Nero 8 takes home entertainment around the house:
Media Management SystemOrganize and manage all your multimedia files with Nero?s
home media center. Nero 8 lets
you use your Xbox 360? or PlayStation« 3 to stream High Definition video content
and surround sound audio files to
enjoy in the comfort of any room in your house.
Nero 8 offers increased data security:
View SecurDisc protected filesNo more worries over losing data! Nero 8 has back
up features that let you rest easy
knowing your data is safe in case of a complete system crash or a damaged disc.
Restore data from discs damaged
due to burning errors. SecurDisc technology gives you peace of mind.
Latest Features for Nero 8
Nero 8 has been updated to include great new features for living the digital
life. With improvements geared
towards better performance, as well as enhanced features for authoring, editing
and enjoying digital content, see
for yourself how Nero 8 continues to bring simplicity and excitement to your
Get interactive BD ROM support with Nero 8:
Nero 8 users can now enjoy more interactive features and games on BD ROM discs
through enhanced compatibility
features available in the suite?s latest update.
SmartEncoding for AVCHD:
AVCHD SmartEncoding detects if your incoming AVC or AVCHD source content is
compliant with the destination format.
This lets you save time by skipping the recoding step for AVCHD content when the
destination file is also AVCHD,
thereby maintaining the highest quality.
Home entertainment enhancements:
Nero MediaHome Do you use Nero 8 to stream content around your home on game
consoles? Now you can play content
beginning from a selected time in the video. This means you can answer the
phone, get another cup of coffee, or
let the dog out for a walk without having to restart your movie!
Increased encoding options:
Nero Recode With Nero 8, now you can encode content with video pre-processing
options for color correction and
noise removal. The video pre-processing enables you to enhance and modify the
content prior to encoding. Advanced
features include adaptive de-interlacing and adaptive frame rate conversion.
Mini HD DVD-Video authoring and playback:
Mini HD DVD-Video Get all the advantages of working with Mini HD DVD-Video with
Nero 8. Now you can author, write,
and play back HD DVD-Video format content on regular DVD-R/RW media. The Mini HD
DVD-Video format supports
resolutions up to 1080p. MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 content as well as Dolby« Digital 5.1
audio tracks can also be added.
The Blu-ray/HD DVD Plug-in is required for this feature.
Blu-ray Disc format authoring and playback:
Blu-ray With Nero 8 and the Blu-ray/HD DVD Video Plug-in, you can now author and
play back High Definition content
in Blu-ray Disc format. Brilliant 3D menu templates and advanced authoring
features up to 1080i, combined with
playback support for commercial Blu-ray Discs and those created with Nero 8,
combine for the ultimate home
Full features at http://www.nero.com/eng/nero8-features.html
General System Requirements
* DVD-ROM drive for the installation
* Windows« 2000 (SP4 or later), Windows« XP (SP1 or later), Windows« Server?
2003 (SP1 or later),
Windows« XP Media Center Edition Windows Vista«
Gadgets are not available for Windows Vista« x64
Nero ImageDrive currently supports Windows« 2000 and Windows« XP (32 Bit
* Windows« XP Professional x64, Windows« Vista« x64 (all applications except
InCD, and Nero Scout work
in the x86 emulator, which allows 32-bit applications to run)
* DirectX 9.0c or better
* Windows« Internet Explorer« 6.0 or higher
* 1 GHz Intel« Pentium« III processor, AMD Sempron? 2200+ or equivalent
* Minimum 256 MB RAM (for Windows Vista« minimum 512 MB RAM)
* 1.2 GB hard drive space for standard installation of all components
* Up to 9 GB available drive space for DVD images and temporary DVD files
* Graphics card with at least 32 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of
800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color
settings. However, we recommend 24-bit or 32-bit for true color.
* CD and/or DVD/DVD-RAM recorder
* Installation of the latest WHQL (Microsoft« Windows« Hardware Quality
Labs) certified device driver strongly
* Internet connection with DSL 1000 speed or higher for the registration and
the update of the Nero 8 help
files and other functions. It is also required for the activation of the
complete functional range (DVD, MPEG-2,
MPEG-4, and AVC), which will be required 30 days after installation. This
activation is free of charge. The costs
for the Internet connection are carried by the user.
* To install Nero 8 you must have administrative rights for all operating
systems higher than Windows« 2000.
* For capturing and burning in real time: at least 1.6 GHz Intel« Pentium« 4
processor or AMD Sempron? 2600+
* At least 1.4 GHz Intel« Pentium« processor with 256 RAM for TV recording
and DVD video editing
* Drive with SecurDisc support
* 16-bit Windows« compatible sound devices and speakers