Nero 8 brings a world of digital opportunities to your PC. The award-winning suite lets you organize your multimedia projects easily, helping you get the most from your digital content!
* Direct access to all features from the project launcher
* High Definition format support
* Data restoration on damaged discs
* Xbox 360™ and PlayStation® 3 streaming features
* Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD burning support
* SecurDisc data protection support
* Copy a disc with just one click
* Graphics optimized for Windows Vista®
* Continual free updates
Nero StartSmart makes creating projects fun and simple
Nero StartSmart, the project launcher for Nero 8, lets you directly access features and perform one-click functions. The intuitive interface makes creating and managing digital projects easy and enjoyable. Optimized for use with Windows Vista®, Nero StartSmart even has an integrated newsfeed system
Nero 8 is the solution for your multimedia projects
Nero 8 has the tools to help you handle all your multimedia projects. Whether you plan to create a music mix with MP3 files, edit vacation videos, touch up digital photos, make a slide show, or convert content to play on a mobile device, your results will be professional and dynami.
Nero 8 takes home entertainment around the house
Organize and manage all your multimedia files with Nero’s home media center. Nero 8 lets you use your Xbox 360™ or PlayStation® 3 to stream High Definition video content and surround sound audio files to enjoy in the comfort of any room in your house.
Nero 8 offers increased data security
No more worries over losing data! Nero 8 has back up features that let you rest easy knowing your data is safe in case of a complete system crash or a damaged disc. Restore data from discs damaged due to burning errors. SecurDisc technology gives you peace of mind.
Nero 8 has been updated to include great new features for living the digital life. With improvements geared towards better performance, as well as enhanced features for authoring, editing and enjoying digital content, see for yourself how Nero 8 continues to bring simplicity and excitement to your digital world. Get interactive BD ROM support with Nero 8.Nero 8 users can now enjoy more interactive features and games on BD ROM discs through enhanced compatibility features available in the suite’s latest update.
SmartEncoding for AVCHD SmartEncoding detects if your incoming AVC or AVCHD source content is compliant with the destination format. This lets you save time by skipping the recoding step for AVCHD content when the destination file is also AVCHD, thereby maintaining the highest quality.
Home entertainment enhancements Do you use Nero 8 to stream content around your home on game consoles? Now you can play content beginning from a selected time in the video. This means you can answer the phone, get another cup of coffee, or let the dog out for a walk without having to restart your movie!
Increased encoding options With Nero 8, now you can encode content with video pre-processing options for color correction and noise removal. The video pre-processing enables you to enhance and modify the content prior to encoding. Advanced features include adaptive de-interlacing and adaptive frame rate conversion.
Mini HD DVD-Video authoring and playback
Get all the advantages of working with Mini HD DVD-Video with Nero 8. Now you can author, write, and play back HD DVD-Video format content on regular DVD-R/RW media. The Mini HD DVD-Video format supports resolutions up to 1080p. MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 content as well as Dolby® Digital 5.1 audio tracks can also be added. The Blu-ray/HD DVD Plug-in is required for this feature.
Blu-ray Disc format authoring and playback
With Nero 8 and the Blu-ray/HD DVD Video Plug-in, you can now author and play back High Definition content in Blu-ray Disc format. Brilliant 3D menu templates and advanced authoring features up to 1080i, combined with playback support for commercial Blu-ray Discs and those created with Nero 8, combine for the ultimate home entertainment experience.
General System Requirements
* DVD-ROM drive for the installation
* Windows® 2000 (SP4 or later), Windows® XP (SP1 or later), Windows® Server™ 2003 (SP1 or later), Windows® XP Media Center Edition Windows Vista®
Gadgets are not available for Windows Vista® x64
Nero ImageDrive currently supports Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP (32 Bit only)
* Windows® XP Professional x64, Windows® Vista® x64 (all applications except InCD, and Nero Scout work in the x86 emulator, which allows 32-bit applications to run)
* DirectX 9.0c or better
* Windows® Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher
* 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® III processor, AMD Sempron™ 2200+ or equivalent
* Minimum 256 MB RAM (for Windows Vista® minimum 512 MB RAM)
* 1.2 GB hard drive space for standard installation of all components
* Up to 9 GB available drive space for DVD images and temporary DVD files
* Graphics card with at least 32 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings. However, we recommend 24-bit or 32-bit for true color.
* CD and/or DVD/DVD-RAM recorder
* Installation of the latest WHQL (Microsoft® Windows® Hardware Quality Labs) certified device driver strongly recommended
* Internet connection with DSL 1000 speed or higher for the registration and the update of the Nero 8 help files and other functions. It is also required for the activation of the complete functional range (DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and AVC), which will be required 30 days after installation. This activation is free of charge. The costs for the Internet connection are carried by the user.
* To install Nero 8 you must have administrative rights for all operating systems higher than Windows® 2000.
* For capturing and burning in real time: at least 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD Sempron™ 2600+
* At least 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® processor with 256 RAM for TV recording and DVD video editing
* Drive with SecurDisc support
* 16-bit Windows® compatible sound devices and speakers
Specific Requirements for Each Application
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in, DVD-Video Plug-in, and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD playback
* Graphics card with hardware overlay support
* TV tuner or video capture card for analog or digital (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) recording, compatible with the BDA (Broadcast Driver Architecture) driver standard. Nero Home does not support video recording via FireWire® (OHCI 1394).
* List of compatible devices: http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id=91
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in or DVD-Video Plug-in and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD functions and encoding in Dolby® Digital 2-channel
* For EPG support an XML file is needed from a third party
* Analog or digital TV card (analog, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) to the BDA driver standard
* Certified UPnP™ devices for streaming with the Nero MediaHome server (you will find a list of the certified UPnP™ devices at http://www.upnp-ic.org/certification/default.asp#devices)
* FireWire® (IEEE 1394) Controller for DV capturing
* USB recording device (web cam)
* Analog or digital TV card (analog, DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C, and ATSC) according to the BDA driver standard
* DirectShow compatible video capture card (optional)
* Graphics card with 3D accelerator and at least 64 MB video memory for Smart3D templates
* Blu-ray/HD DVD Video-Plug-in for playing Blu-ray and/or HD DVD media
Nero Mobile (Free 30-Day Trial)
* Cellular phone or PDA with Windows® Mobile 2003 for PocketPC, Microsoft® PocketPC Phone Edition, Microsoft® Smartphone Second Edition (SE) Windows Mobile 5.0
* Intel® XScale™, minimum clock speed required: 200 MHz (Audio + Video Soft), 24 MHz (LC AAC Audio), 78 MHz (HE-AAC Audio)
Freescale i.MX21/31, mimimum clock speed required: 200 MHz (Audio + Video Soft), 24 MHz (LC AAC Audio), 78 MHz (HE-AAC Audio)
ARM®4 compatible, minimum clock speed required: 200 MHz (Audio + Video Soft), 24 MHz (LC AAC Audio), 78 MHz (HE-AAC Audio)
TI OMAP 17xx/24xx
* 4 MB hard drive space required for a full installation
* Microsoft® ActiveSync, USB cable, and/or Bluetooth® connection for the communication between smartphone/PDA and computer
* To continue the use of Nero Mobile, an upgrade to Nero Mobile Pro is available at www.nero.com.
Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, Nero BackItUp
* LightScribe® capable recorder (LightScribe® host software must be installed) and LightScribe® capable disc
* LabelFlash™ capable recorder and LabelFlash™ capable disc
* Blu-ray recorder and disc
* HD DVD recorder and HD DVD
* SecurDisc capable drive (only Nero Express)
* DVD-Video Multichannel Plug-in, or DVD-Video Plug-in, and/or Multichannel Plug-in* for DVD video recording and the \\\\\\\"DVD-9-to-5\\\\\\\" function.
* Multi-core processor
Nero cover designer
* LightScribe® recorder (LightScribe® host software must be installed) and LightScribe® disc
* LabelFlash™ recorder and LabelFlash™ disc
InCD, InCD Reader
* SecurDisc capable drive to remove duplication protection from SecurDisc discs
* SecurDisc capable drive with SecurDisc protected disc
MCE Plug-ins (Nero Burn™ and Nero Burn Settings, Nero MediaStreaming™)
* Windows Vista® Home Premium or Windows Vista® Ultimate with Media Center or Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 Rollup 2
* At least 1.6 GHz or equivalent processor, 256 MB RAM
* Graphics card with overlay support, at least 8 MB video memory and a minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and 16-bit color settings. However, 24-bit or 32-bit true color is recommended
* Nero MediaHome 2.0 must be installed on the server (when using the Nero Media-Streaming MCE Plug-in)