This is the BEST Anti - virus available TODAY, this is the LATEST version WITH a key that will NEVER EVER get blacklisted =) It also expires in a year, so now you do not have to worry about searching around for a new key every week!
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 is a new generation product for protection of home users against all types of data-related threats.
Functions performed by Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009
? Blocking of all known malware types. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 uses databases of malware signatures updated every hour for efficient protection of its users against all currently known malicious programs.
? Proactive Defense against new threats of any type. Behavior emulation in isolated virtual environment for unknown applications, restriction of their access to system resources and constant monitoring of their activity are employed to protect users against new malicious program that the anti-virus laboratory has not inspected yet.
? Prevention of potential threats. Search and analysis of vulnerabilities in the software installed on host computer (including Microsoft Internet Explorer) allow maintaining system security on an adequate level preventing exploits of potential threats.
? New wizards and special task monitors have been added for simpler and more convenient user interaction with the application. Their performance in step-by-step mode makes user work much easier.
MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION :
To ensure normal functioning of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 the computer must conform to the following minimum requirements:
1. General requirements:
- 75 MB of available hard drive space
- CD-ROM (for installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 from the distribution CD)
- Input device, mouse
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for updating application''''s databases and program modules via Internet)
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
2. Operating systems:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or higher)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or higher)
Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Intel Pentium 300 MHz processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent)
- 256 MB free RAM
Microsoft Windows Vista Starter 32-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32/64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32/64 bit)
- Intel Pentium 800 MHz 32-bit(x86)/64-bit(x64) processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent)
- 512 MB free RAM
To install the application, launch the installation file and follow the instructions of the setup wizard. At the end of the setup procedure the wizard may suggest system restart; it depends upon the application components selected for installation.
1. During the setup procedure Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 detects and allows you to remove the programs, which can slow down user computer (or even make it totally unable to work properly) if used together with the application.
2. The application can be installed as an upgrade for the following products:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0
What''''s new in KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS 2009
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 is an essentially new approach to data security. The main feature of the application is restricting the programs'''' rights to access the system resources. It helps prevent unwanted actions by suspicious and hazardous programs. The application''''s capabilities in the protection of user''''s confidential data have been considerably enhanced. The application now includes wizards and tools which substantially facilitate execution of specific computer protection tasks.
Let''''s take closer look at the new features in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009:
New Protection Features
* Scanning of operating system and software for vulnerabilities with their subsequent elimination maintains a high system security level and prevents sneaking of hazardous programs into your system.
* New wizards ? Security Analyzer and Browser Configuration facilitate the scanning for and elimination of security threats and vulnerabilities in the applications installed on your computer, operating system''''s and browser settings.
* Kaspersky Lab now reacts faster to the new threats due to the use of Kaspersky Security Network technology that gathers data about infection of users'''' computers and sends it to Kaspersky Lab''''s servers.
* New System Restore wizard helps fix system damages after malware attacks.
New confidential data protection features:
* Security of confidential data entered from the keyboard is ensured by a new tool Virtual keyboardVirtual keyboard.
New protection features for internet use:
* Protection against internet intruders has been upgraded due to the extended databases of phishing sites.
* Security of working with instant messengers is provided by ICQ and MSN traffic scan.
New program''''s interface features
* The new program''''s interface reflects the comprehensive approach to information protection.
* High information capacity of dialog boxes helps user quickly make decisions.
* The functionality of reports and statistics information about the application''''s operation has been extended. The possibility of using filters allowing flexible setup when working with reports makes this product irreplaceable for professionals.
MAIN KNOWN ISSUES :
1. During first launch of very large (1 GB and larger) executables the application analyzes them for a long time (5-10 minutes) displaying no information to users. [color=#0040BF][/color]
2. While the virus scan task is running, the counter of checked objects in the report window is not updated, correct value is only displayed when the task completes.
3. Extra "Help" link in the password entry dialog during scanning of password-protected archives. Pressing the link is identical to pressing the "Skip" button.
4. The Security Analyzer wizard can recognize incorrectly the Windows Update settings in Microsoft Windows Vista.
5. If the virus scan task is configured in the "Run mode" to run "After update", the task starts only if the application database has been updated successfully during an update session.
6. If you are working with programs running in full-screen mode, the pop-up windows of Kaspersky Anti-Virus may blink. To activate pop-up windows, left-click with the mouse in any part of a pop-up window, then the window of the running full-screen application window will be minimized.
Check out latest news and information at : http://www.kaspersky.com/