Ashampoo® AntiVirus (v1.50, 08/31/2007)asd
Complete protection without the slowdown!
There are plenty of antivirus programs but some can put a heavy load on your system, eating up the processor power you need for your applications. Many people even turn their virus protection off when they are working to speed up their machines, leaving themselves wide open to attack. To make things worse, these complex antivirus programs are often equally complicated to use.
At Ashampoo we believe tools are there to work for you, not to take over your computer. Ashampoo AntiVirus gives you comprehensive protection against viruses, worms, Trojans and dialers, but it’s so efficient you won’t even notice it’s there. And it’s so easy to use that it won’t waste any of your valuable time. Just set it and forget it and get on with more important things.
Set it and forget it – it’s all automatic
Once you have installed Ashampoo AntiVirus protection is automatic. It checks all new files and activity on your computer for both known threats and suspicious behavior and stops attacks before they can do any damage.
Malicious hackers are creating new threats every day and an antivirus program is only as good as its updates. Ashampoo AntiVirus recognizes over 700,000 different threats. It comes with a year of free updates and the virus signatures are updated several times a day with information on the latest threats. Just switch on automatic protection and update checking and let the program take care of everything else for you.
Comprehensive antivirus technology
You don’t need to know everything that Ashampoo AntiVirus does to protect you but it may interest you: It doesn’t just scan email attachments and new files for threats. It also scans your computer’s memory and all critical system areas. If you want you can also define your own customized scans to perform systematic checks of all or part of your system, including removable media like CDs and DVDs and even external and portable devices. A special intelligent system known as heuristics analysis is used to identify as-yet unknown threats on the basis of suspicious behavior and stop them before they can do any damage. When infections are found you can choose to clean them immediately or you can put them in quarantine. This is a special protected area where the infected files cannot do any damage but they can be recovered if necessary – for example if you discover that the threat identified was harmless. All the operations performed by the program are recorded in detail in log files. You can view the contents of the logs at any time. A context menu item is added to Windows® Explorer that enables you to scan files directly without starting Ashampoo AntiVirus.
Features at a glance
* Comprehensive protection: Protects against over 470,000 viruses, worms, Trojans and dialers. Scans all critical system areas, memory, emails and files.
* Simple to use: Very intuitive user interface, no previous knowledge required. Configuration with slider controls that automatically display the settings.
* Low system load: You won’t notice it’s there so you’ll never feel tempted to turn your protection off.
* Daily updates: The virus signatures are updated several times a day and the program checks for updates automatically – every hour if you want. A high-speed server prevents update delays.
* Multiple scan modes: Automatic protection while you are working plus manual scans and scheduled scans performed automatically.
* Quarantine: Move infected or suspicious files to a locked quarantine area where they can’t do any damage.
* Windows® Explorer integration: Adds an option with which you can scan files for viruses directly in Windows® Explorer.
Technology highlights for the experts:
* Heuristic analysis: Advanced new algorithms for identifying and blocking unknown threats on the basis of suspicious behavior.
* User-defined scanning: Experienced users can define and schedule up to eight different automatic scans to be performed regularly or at specific times.
* Complete protection: Scans memory, critical system areas, hard drives, folders, archives, removable media and portable and external devices.
* XP Security Center integration: The program is fully compatible with Windows® XP Security Center (Windows® will automatically recognize that you have valid and up-to-date virus protection).
* Logging: Comprehensive logs are maintained of all program activities and can be viewed directly within the program at any time.
* Minimum load background scanning: The background scanning module is a completely new development that places a minimum load on your system resources.