mIRC is a popular Internet Relay Chat client used by
millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to
communicate, share, play and work with each other on IRC
networks around the world. Serving the Internet community
for over a decade, mIRC has evolved into a powerful,
reliable and fun piece of technology.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly
configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file
transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy
support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken
messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used
both to automate mIRC and to create applications that
perform a wide range of functions from network
communications to playing games.
NEW IN VERSION 6.31
* A "Hide tips when locked" option to the lock dialog.
* An SSL option to automatically accept invalid certificates.
* Tips now shade each alternate message that is added to an
existing tip to make it easier to distinguish individual
* When bars are locked the drag bars are now hidden from view.
* Changed behaviour of "Hide minimized desktop windows" option
so that query, message, and chat windows remain visible when
they are first opened minimized on the desktop.