About this software
This software is an updater for a previously installed full version of Capture NX v1.3.0 and 1.3.2. When using the software as an updater, it may be necessary to enter the product key again to confirm ownership of a previous version of the software.
Changes in this version
- Support for RAW images captured with the D3 (A and B firmware Ver. 1.10 and later), and the Vignette Control option enabled, has been added.
- New Artist, Copyright, and Vignette Control items have been added to the Camera Settings palette.
In addition, the categories displayed in the Camera Settings palette have been changed from File, Shooting Info, Picture Control, Flash, and GPS to File Info, Shooting Info, Picture Control, and GPS. Items in each category have also been modified.
- An issue that caused an error to occur with some systems when an image saved in TIFF format with LZW compression was opened has been resolved.
- When a folder containing a Dust Off reference photo was selected from the Dust Off settings palette, accessed from Base Adjustments>RAW Adjustments>DustOff, for use with a RAW image captured with the D1X or D1H, an alert stating that no Dust Off reference photos are present. This issue has been resolved.
- When a white balance settings file saved with fine-tuning of the Calculate Automatically option in the White Balance settings palette, accessed from BaseAdjustments>RAW Adjustments>White Balance, was applied to another image, the white balance settings were not reflected. This issue has been resolved.
- When Picture Control settings were applied to a RAW image captured with a camera that does not support Picture Control from the Quick Adjustment category inthe ViewNX Camera Settings palette, and the image was then opened in Capture NX, the Picture Control setting in the Picture Control settings palette, accessedfrom Base Adjustments>Camera Adjustments>Picture Control, remained Non-Picture Control. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented proper recognition of Image Dust Off reference data recorded with the D300, depending upon the computer’s time zone setting, has beenresolved.
- When the JPEG box was selected in the Choose Files Types to Associate with Capture NX dialog with installation of Capture NX, JPEG images could not beuploaded to websites. This issue has been resolved.
- It is not recommended to install both Nikon Capture and Capture NX on the same computer as this may cause unexpected issues to occur.
- You must have Administrator authority when installing this software.
- Exit all other applications that may be running, and turn off all virus-checking software before proceeding with this upgrade.
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework is required and should automatically download and install if not already present on your computer. If download does not start automatically click here .
- The computer must be restarted when installation is complete.
- Click Here for general instructions on how to download and open compressed files.
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista (32 bit version)
Pre-installed versions only
Pentium III 1 GHz or better
Pentium 4 (2 GHz or better or recommended)
256 MB minimum
1 GB recommended
200MB required for installation
800 x 600 pixels (1024 x 768 or higher recommended) with 16-bit color (High Color / thousands of colors) with 24-bit color (True Color / millions of colors) Recommended