Tux Paint is a fun drawing program for kids aged 3 to 12.
Kids are presented with a blank canvas and a variety of tools to use:
- Paint brushes of many different shapes and sizes, changeable colours
- Rubber stamps, many fun cartoon and photographic images that can be flipped, re-sized and mirrored.
- Line tool for drawing lines of various sizes, shapes, colours and patterns.
- Shapes tool for drawing various filled and unfilled, rotatable polygonal shapes.
- 'Magic' (special effects) tools, such as blur, cartoon, chalk, bricks, drip, emboss, rainbow & much more.
Each tool has a different fun sound effect.
All pictures created can be saved or printed.
Also included is the extra stamp pack, which includes many more fun pictures of different categories, such as
animals, plants, space, symbols, vehicles, food, people etc.
Also has an settings configuration program which allows you to disable things like printing and saving (good for click-happy kids)
[color=turquoise]This is free, open source software. I have uploaded it here for convenience and because it is not that well known and more kids should have it My kids love it.
If you don't want to download it here, or you want it for another OS (versions for 95/98/ME, Mac, Linux are available), then check out http://tuxpaint.org[/color]
1. Run tuxpaint-0.9.20b-win32-installer.exe to install TuxPaint.
2. Run tuxpaint-stamps-2008.06.30-win32-installer.exe to install the extra stamps.