Slide Show and Screen Saver Maker for Windows 2000/XP/Vista
gPhotoShow Pro is an easy to use slide show maker and screen saver that turn your favorite images collection into a unique personal slide show (or Screen Saver) complete with transition effects. With gPhotoShow you can point to file directories (either local or on a network) containing jpeg, png, tiff, panorama files, web pages, animations and have them displayed to your screen in random order, alphabetically, or by date.
There is no limit to the number of images your directories may contain. You have various options for stretching or shrinking the images and to show images information like file name or Exif,IPTC,XMP info taken from the images themselves.
You can also create image sets, create wallpaper, pause and continue the screen saver during normal operation.
gPhotoShow Pro it's the perfect software for a Digital Photo Frame. It can be easily controlled with a keyboard (or a remote control) and can detect and display newly added pictures without restarting the program and without editing the slideshow !
gPhotoShow can also be used as a slide show maker. To prepare a slide show you need only to configure gPhotoShow as usual and save save the configuration to a file. Then every time you wish to start the slide show you need only to double click on the saved file. In the same way you can easily create auto start slide shows on cd-rom. gPhotoShow will also prepare the autorun.inf file for you !
gPhotoShow can create standalone screen savers. In the download page you will find some samples.
gPhotoShow Pro can read raw files generated by digital cameras, click here for more info and for the list of supported cameras
* Runs in Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista and Vista x64
* Shows an unlimited number of images
* User defined filters based on image size, rating and keywords
* High quality image resize (bicubic interpolation)
* User selectable transition effects
* Adjustable transition speed
* Can display frames around pictures, simple colored frames or bitmapped frames
* Image formats : BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF
* Panorama file formats: JPG, IVR, PAN, MO
* Video file formats: AVI, MOV, MPG, WMV
* Macromedia Flash Animations: SWF
* Can display Web Pages
* Can automatically scroll panoramic images (both rectilinear and spherical)
* Can use shortcuts to folders
* Easy subdirectory selection and files exclusion
* Display images randomly or in a sorted sequence (by file name or by file date)
* Remember last image both in random and in sequence order
* Configurable delay between images
* Automatically resizes your images
* Displays information about the images (Exif,IPTC,XMP)
* Can display custom captions with Exif,IPTC,XMP metadata support
* Automatic wallpaper changer
* Plays your favorite music during slide show
* Sound formats: MID, WAV, MP3, WMA
* Can display 4 pictures together
* Multi monitor support in Windows 98/Me, Windows 2000/XP,Vista
* Slideshow can be paused and continued
* Energy Star !With the MonitorOnOff PlugIn it is possible to automatically power-off attached monitors or switch-off the system.
* With RssFeeds plugin it is possible to display news from RSS feeds and download images from RSS feeds used by most online photo galleries
* Can be used as a screen saver or a slide show creator
* Keys used during slide show can be configured
* User can move/delete currently displayed picture by using configured keys
* Can display descriptions stored in DESCRIPT.ION files
* Image Display time, description and text attributes can be set on each image
* Can create standalone screen savers and slideshows (.scr or .exe files)
* Can create setup program for easy screen saver distribution
* Can be used as a simple image viewer
* Pictures can be divided into categories and category displayed in the screen saver can be changed automatically
* Can read and display most digital cameras raw files
* Can be easily set as logon screen saver
* Password protection
* Easy install / uninstall
* Can be used freely for 30 days, then some advanced features will be disabled
Still not convinced to try gPhotoShow Pro ? Take a look at the gPhotoShow tutorial and see how easy is to configure the screen saver and how many features are available !
* Fixed: sometimes files list cache on disk is not cleared when a configuration is saved and one or more folders lists have been changed
* Fixed: settings gPhotoShow as logon screen saver may not work on windows Vista
* Fixed: in some cases the registration key is flagged as expired
* Fixed: improved standalone setup script under Vista x64
* Image info are now written over the resized image and fade in together with the image
* Fixed: in some cases images rotated manually are not rotated correctly
* Fixed: in some cases ID3 tags from mp3 audio files are not read correctly
* Fixed: the option "Screen Saver exit on Key Press" can't be changed, when settings are reloaded that option has the old value
* Fixed: files list cache on disk is cleared when a configuration is saved and one or more folders lists have been changed
* Fixed: horizontal margins on centered text
* Fixed: when option "Each monitor has its own timing" is enabled and there is background music configured when video is played music is suspended but then it may be restored too early
* Fixed: on Unicode version creation of installation program for standalone slideshows fails
* Fixed: on standalone slideshows image may be repeated on different monitors and when images are displayed sequentially all monitors display the same image
* Fixed: standalone slideshows don't display current sound file info
* Added: Slideshow can be closed with Mouse Click + Ctrl Key
* Added password protection for gss files (slideshow configuration files). Standalone slideshows can be password protected too
* Added the possibility to set images display time from a numeric part of the filename
* Fixed: on some systems video playing stopped after the first video and gPhotoShow didn't respond any longer
* Fixed: in case of a file with a broken date/time gPhotoShow displayed an error message
* Fixed: on windows Vista using the browse buttons for the fields "Program to run..." in the Multiple Monitors section causes a fatal error in gPhotoShow
* Fixed: descriptions from descript.ion and .gprop files were not displayed
* Fixed: minor cosmetic issues in the "Sounds & Music" section
* Fixed: on unicode version running external editor could fail
* Fixed: /mX command line parameter didn't work when X>1
* Added IPTC and XMP metadata support. This allows gPhotoShow to read rating, keywords, caption and description added by Windows Vista Photo Gallery
* Improved image information overlay. Added simplified IPTC/XMP metadata display and advanced settings that allows to display info in two areas on the screen and to mix static text with Exif/Iptc/Xmp metadata from image files
* Image and files filtering. Now it is possible to choose which file types to display on specified monitors. For example on monitor 1 display only images and on monitor 2 only videos. In addition for each monitor it is possible filter which images to display, 3 filters are available: vertically/horizontally oriented, rating and keywords. In this way it possible, for example, display only images horizontally oriented, with a rating greater than 0 and with keyword Mountain
* Background folder scan. Background scan is effective the second time you start a slideshow, when exiting gPhotoShow saves current files list to a cache file. On next startup gPhotoShow starts to display images from the cached list in the meanwhile it scans the configured folders, when completed the list is synchronized and newly added files will be available for the slideshow.
* Periodic files synchronization. If enabled gPhotoShow will periodically scan folders to find new files.
* Each monitor can have its own timing. This option can be useful in some cases with multiple monitors setups, for example when one monitor is displaying a long video (or an image with its own timing) with this option enabled other monitors can continue to change images.
* A new randomization option. When this option is selected gPhotoShow will choose the first file randomly, then subsequent files will be picked-up randomly in the same folder until when they are finished. At this point gPhotoShow will choose a new file and the process starts again.
* Image index displayed over image during slideshow
* Modified interface with VLC Media Player to fix compatibility problems with v0.9.x and improve integration with player
* Minor bug fixes
To play MP3 files gPhotoShow requires Microsoft Media Player 6.0 or later. You can download Media Player freely from the Microsoft web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/download
To show Panoramas, Videos or Web Pages gPhotoShow requires Microsoft Internet Explorer. Moreover to show Panoramas files you need the appropriate plugins or ActiveX correctly installed.
Some features needs Microsoft GDI+, this component is part of Windows XP and can be installed also in Windows 2000. You can download the runtime files of GDI+ from the Microsoft web site or you can download it from this web site: gdiplus.exe
XMP tags can be displayed for Jpeg and TIFF files if Windows Imaging Component (WIC) is installed. WIC is already installed on Windows Vista and is included in .NET frameworks starting from v3.0. WIC can also be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center and installed on any computer running Windows XP SP2 or later