Kaspersky½ Internet Security 7.0 is a fully integrated solution that protects your computer from all of the most common Internet threats, including viruses,
hacker attacks, adware, spam and spyware.
Today, threats to PCs are appearing in ever-greater numbers and diversity. Cyber criminals on the Internet are well organized and tend to target PCs with
combined threats. A standalone antivirus solution is no longer enough to fully protect your PC. Kaspersky Internet Security combines reactive detection
methods with the latest proactive technologies, protecting your PC from viruses, hacker attacks, spam and spyware. Seamless integration of all product
components eliminates system conflicts and provides fast performance.
- Integrated protection from all Internet threats
- Cutting-edge antivirus technologies
- Personal firewall
- Protection from spam and phishing
- Automatic database updates using the instant update technology
- Free technical support
- Real-time monitoring of all data streams, including email, Internet traffic and network connections
- Protection from viruses, Trojans and worms
- Protection from spyware, adware and other potentially hostile programs
- Proactive defense against new malicious programs
- Protection from network attacks and system hijacking
- Blocking of popup windows and banners
- Rollback of changes made by malicious programs on your computer
- Blocking of links to phishing websites
- Trainable spam filtration system
Protection from viruses:
* Email protection. The program scans email traffic for viruses according to the protocol via which it is sent (POP3, IMAP and NNTP for incoming mail and
SMTP for outgoing mail) on any mail program. We also offer plug-ins and treatment for viruses in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express mail
* Scanning of Internet traffic. All HTTP Internet traffic is scanned for viruses in real-time, ensuring that infected objects are not saved to the computer?
s hard disk. Statistics about harmful scripts can be accessed using a plug-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer.
* File system protection. Individual files, catalogues and disks can be designated for antivirus scanning. Users can limit antivirus scanning to critical
areas of the operating system and startup objects to ensure that attention is focused on the most vulnerable areas of the system.
* Proactive protection. Kaspersky Internet Security monitors program activity and all processes launched in RAM. It notifies users of dangerous, suspicious
or hidden processes (that is, rootkits), prevents harmful changes to the file system and restores the system after malicious activity.
Protection from spyware:
* Secures confidential information. The program prevents confidential information (such as passwords, bank account numbers and credit card details) being
stolen from your computer. It detects phishing messages and disables links to phishing sites.
* Safe Internet surfing. The program prevents dangerous scripts from being launched on websites, and blocks popup windows and advertising banners.
* Blocks automatic dial up programs. Any unauthorized attempts to dial up premium-rate telephone services from your modem are blocked.
1. Feature added to check for and download the installer package for the latest version from the Kaspersky Lab web servers when the program installation is started.
2. Web page interception and processing mechanims of the Parental Control module improved. Now the component analyzes both the contents of the root node of the site and each specifically requested page.
3. Data processing speed increasing and proxy server resource consumption reduced.
4. Support added for IP protocol version 6 (IPv6).
5. Option added to disable Firewall from checking for changes to files in a monitored application on every attempt to join the network.
6. Recent Terms technology added to Anti-Spam, analyzing message text for phrases typical of spam.
7. Anti-Spam training now possible using outcoming emails on the setup wizard after installing the program.
8. Option added to import addresses from the Microsoft Office Outlook/ Microsoft Outlook Express to the Anti-Spam whitelist.
9. Option added for skipping trusted remote administration programs (for example, RAdmin) from Kaspersky Internet Security self-defense.
10. Improvements made to interface of the program activation wizard.
11. Feature added for testing network connections and updating the program when the connection is restored.
12. Program behavior when changing system time changed: the program continues to run.
13. Support added for Arabic-script languages.
14. Proactive Defense has a new mechanism for detecting next-generation keyloggers.
15. Extended capability for intercepting driver downloads (LoadAndCallImage).
16. Improved program self-defense mechanism for automatic selection of actions in notifications on dangerous object detection.
The following low risk vulnerabilities were patched in MP1 for Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus license protection vulnerability could have been used to compromise machines if the date of the computer was set to that of an earlier date than that of the license period. Malicious software could have used this method to disable the product by simply changing the date a year back.
*KLV07-12 Klif.sys driver - NtCreateSection param error vulnerability
Driver klif.sys incorrectly processed NtCreateSection parameters which causes system failure. This piece of code is now removed from Kaspersky Internet Security
*KLV07-13 Klif - Haxdoors of the Kaspersky Antivirus 6/7
Malicious code executed locally caused a system failure due to unsafe code in klif.sys driver. This code has now been removed.
All three of the vulnerabilities listed above were low risk, which means that users need to manually launch the malicious code before computers
are at risk. In any case, it is recommend that all users download and install MP1 to patch these vulnerabilities.