Linpack by Intel is an extremely stressful program that will put even the most powerful X86/X64 CPU in the world at its knees. Load/temp under Linpack could be upto 12*C higher than the competing software like Prime95 & Orthos.
This program will make usage of Linpack easier and more practical to use.
Works with Intel and AMD CPUs. Tested Intel Core i7 processors Core 2 & Quad, Pentium 3 & 4, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+,and AMD Opteron (Working with AMD processors since v1.7).
Tested on Windows XP Professional SP2 SP3,XP Professional X64 Edition SP2,Vista X86 X64
Benefits of using Linpack:
1. More accurate than Prime95 Small FFTs/Blend.
2. Takes less time to discover if your CPU or RAM is unstable than Prime95, usually something like 10 minutes Linpack vs upto 40 hours under Prime95.
3. Use the same stress-testing engine that Intel uses to test their products before they are packed.
Benefits of using IntelBurnTest:
1. Simplifies usage of Linpack.
2. Direct output of results to the screen.
3. Simplifies the process of selecting a test size to use.
How to test CPU and RAM stability (summarized):
You need to extract everything from the archive to a single folder, while maintaining the original directory structure.
1. It is best to use a 64-bit OS with the 64-bit mode for the most accurate test result.
2. Use the most available RAM possible (IntelBurnTest can now do this automatically). The more memory it uses, the more accurate the result.