XYplorer is a multi-tabbed dual pane file manager for Windows, featuring a powerful file search, a versatile preview, a highly customizable interface, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. It’s extremely fast and light, it’s innovative, and it’s fun!
* The Catalog: A hideable favorites panel below the tree by which you can 1-click-navigate and on which you can drop stuff. It connects you to folders, files, URLs, and apps. Items can be freely named, colored, sorted, and organized into categories: if you work on projects spread over large hard disks or networks, you will quickly find it indispensable. The best invention since tabbed browsing.
* Move To and Copy To dialogs: Opened by hotkeys, these dialogs offer a fast, easy, keyboard access to copy and move operations, including a large MRU list, stored between sessions. As destination you may state paths relative to the current path
* Rename Preview: XYplorer provides a whole array of simple ways to rename a bunch of files using user-definable patterns (including auto-incremented counters, Regular Expressions, and MP3 ID3-tag to filename).
* Views: Details View, Small Icons View, and various Thumbnails Views. In the screenshot (where, by the way, the tree is hidden) you see the unique “Details with Thumbnails View” where thumbnails of image files are shown right in the file list.
* Color Filter: Provides wildcard-configurable coloring of list items
* Visual Filter: Filter tab-wise what is listed by stating simple wildcard patterns like *.txt
* Icon Overlays: XYplorer now supports icon overlays (as for example used by TortoiseSVN, a Subversion client, implemented as a Windows shell extension).
* New Items: A fully and easily configurable “New” menu that vastly surpasses the possibilities of Explorer’s “New” menu.