Multiprotocol Label Switching is one of Cisco's most exciting and promising technologies in the area of routing and switching. This amazing technology can improve upon traditional IP routing and it allows the integration of IP and ATM within the same networking environment. Thanks to this powerful integration, MPLS enables service providers to maximize return on investment with multiple revenue streams on a single platform. Service providers can continue to deliver high-revenue services such as Frame Relay, SNA, leased-line, and Internet dial access while deploying advanced IP services, including virtual private networks (VPNs), managed intranet and extranet solutions, voice over IP, video over IP, Web hosting, and electronic commerce applications. This exciting, very hands-on course covers core MPLS technology as well as additional functionality enabled by it. This includes scalable Virtual Private Network implementation and legacy technology integration through MPLS Circuit Service.
Upon completion of the Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) course, the student will be able to:
* List the features, functions and benefits of MPLS
* Identify suitable applications for MPLS
* Describe the underlying concepts of MPLS
* Identify the IOS commands and their proper syntax used to configure MPLS on frame-mode or cell-mode MPLS interfaces on IOS platforms
* Identify the IOS commands and their proper syntax used to configure frame-mode or cell-mode MPLS on ATM PVC on IOS platforms
* Identify the IOS commands and their proper syntax used to monitor operations and troubleshoot typical MPLS failures on IOS platforms
* Identify major Virtual Private Network topologies, their characteristics and usage scenarios
* Identify the IOS commands and their proper syntax used to configure Virtual Routing and Forwarding tables
* Identify the IOS commands and their proper syntax used to configure Multi-protocol BGP in an MPLS VPN backbone
* Design and implement large scale MPLS VPN networks
* Develop infrastructure migration strategy for existing IP backbones
MPLS 2.0 is recommended for any individual responsible for designing, implementing, and/or troubleshooting MPLS networks or solutions based on MPLS technology. This course is also targeted at individuals interested in Cisco certifications - especially the CCIP (Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional) CCIP certification and CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert).