XChat is an IRC chat program for both Linux and Windows. It also has a release for Macintosh. XChat used to be provided for free, but the creators decided that they wanted to start charging money for the Windows version, since they say that compiling the Windows port takes too much time. With this release, you are able to bypass the 30 day trial period with the included crack/patch. XChat allows you to join multiple IRC channels (chat rooms) at the same time, talk publicly, private one-on-one conversations etc. Even file transfers are possible.
• Fixed a rare Auto-Nick-Completion (non-TAB key) crash.
• Fixed a possible crash if you clicked "Add to favourites" in the main text area, while the server-list window was open in the background.
• The setting added in the previous version: "/set -or gui_tweaks 64 will now turn OFF user list icons." will now properly remove the prefix character from the right-click menu.
• Added -on and -off parameters to the /SET command. This can be used to set bits, for example gui_tweaks.
• /set -or gui_tweaks 128 will now turn OFF the text attribute button.