Xara3D is so simple to use, literally anyone can produce high quality 3D
graphics in minutes.
Both professional web designers and home users choose Xara3D to make still and
animated 3D text and graphics, such as logos, titles, headings and buttons.
3D graphics and animations are the perfect way to add impact to your site - and
we guarantee there’s no easier way to create them than Xara3D!
With Xara3D’s clean design, intuitive tools, interactive editing (just drag on
the image to change the position, the extrude or bevel) and ready made styles,
you will create your first 3D graphics in minutes.
Ideal for onscreen 3D graphics or animations (AVIs or animated GIFs), wherever
you need to catch your visitor’s attention - headings and titles, logos and
buttons, sales and offer notices. Perfect for web pages, mailshots, newsletters,
e-cards and presentations. And any animation can even be saved as a screensaver.
Xara has pioneered technology to create the highest quality onscreen results,
with compact file sizes - ideal for web pages and presentations.
Traditional 3D programs are notoriously difficult to use and understand. Not so
Xara3D. Unlike much modern 'bloatware' that offers more features than are ever
likely to be used, and take an age to learn and understand, Xara3D has been
created to perform one job, and performs that job with style, speed, and slick
Xara3D is solely designed to create the highest quality 3D text and graphics,
such as logos, titles, headings and buttons. It's the perfect way to add impact
to your web pages, mailshots and presentations (all images are fully
anti-aliased for that smooth, professional quality). Xara3D can also create
awesome 3D animations in seconds - GIFs, AVIs and simple Flash movie sequences -
and you can even enhance your desktop by saving any animation as a screensaver!
# Creating and Importing
• Text headings can use any TrueType font. Nine fonts are included in the
trial download and there are 60 on the CD. Simply select the font from the drop
down menu and type away, you’ll create your first heading in seconds!
• Full text control, including alignment, sub- & superscript, line
spacing, tracking and kerning values for individual characters or over whole
• Instant access to full character sets from within the text dialog - see
• Create non-text headings by importing 2D graphics as Windows metafiles
(WMF and EMF) or CorelXARA/Webster files (XAR and WEB) and extruding the
outlines - see examples - the Webster drawing package is included free with
• An automatic design-making tool instantly converts any text heading into
a button, board or board with holes see screenshot - see examples
• Full anti-aliasing for the best possible on-screen display quality.
# Editing and Applying Special Effects
• Interactive control over the 3D extrude depth - simply click and drag on
• Unlimited undo makes experimentation easy
• Real-time 3D positioning around three axes by simply dragging the image
• Areas of text can be selected, and different attributes such as bevel,
color, fonts, textures, animation and text settings applied
• The Style Picker allows you to easily grab any or all of the settings of
one image and apply them to another - see screenshot
• A total of 27 different bevel types with adjustable bevel size - see
• Interactive, easy-to-use lighting controls (three adjustable light
arrows which can be dragged on-screen) - see screenshot
• Flexible interactive controls over the color and/or texture of every
part of the image, and the background
• A total of 37 textures are included in the download, and there are 400+
on the CD-ROM you receive when you purchase. You can also import your own GIF or
• Textures can be scaled, rotated and colored
• Images can be displayed with front and back faces, or can be made hollow
• Images can be matt or shiny
• Images can have a soft-edged shadow and an intuitive interface allows
you to easily alter the shadow blur, transparency and color - see screenshot
• Real-time solid shading with optional error-diffusion dithering for top
• Images can be animated in many different ways (see examples), such as
Rotate, Fade, Pulsate, Step, Fade and Swing, using a simple interface - see
• The Animation Picker lets you easily copy the animation settings of one
image to another - see screenshot
• Apply different animations to individual characters or sections of text
• Step-through multi-page animations of different images
• The number of frames in a sequence, the rotation direction, the speed,
pause and number of loops can all be selected through simple controls
• An animation time line allows you to step through each frame, pause and
export a single frame
• Lights and text can be rotated separately
• Great for creating animated buttons.
# Exporting your results
• Outputs JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG (including full PNG alpha channel), ICO
(icon), CUR (cursor), animated GIF, AVI and SWF (vector and bitmap)
• Any 3D animation can also be exported as a screensaver
• Optional background transparency
• Color reduction and palette-optimization for maximum quality with the
smallest file size, ideal for web pages and presentations - see screenshot
• Complete control over the image size, including a handy Fit To Width
feature (with pixel size shown on screen).
Whats New in Xara3D v6:
# New design types
Xara3D 5's automatic 3D button maker proved very popular, so we've taken the
same concept to offer other one-click transformations - enormously increasing
the type of graphics you can create
Borders. Adds a customizable border around your heading, giving it
instant added impact. See examples
Boards. Sits your heading on a solid customizable board, so the image
appears to emerge from a solid background See examples
Boards with holes. The reverse of boards - gives an impression of a
cut-out image. See examples
# New bevel types
There are also two new bevel types from which to choose.
# Completely overhauled and improved user interface
The new UI brings Xara3D right up to date and makes it significantly quicker and
easier to use, including:
• A new, modern look and feel
• Convenient and time saving docking windows and toolbars
• New context sensitive menus, all fully customizable
# More interactive tools
Current Xara3D users will know how easy it is to move objects and change shadows
in Xara3D just by clicking and dragging. We've now applied the same ease of use
to extrusion, bevel depth and moving text on a design—simply drag on the image,
and see the result instantly! It's far more intuitive, and a real time
saver—great for experimentation.
# More control over animation exports
You can now select to save a 3D animation in any AVI format. So, for example if
you have the correct codec installed you can create DivX or MPEG4 movies of your
favourite 3D animations, and you can control the compression and other settings
for each movie type.
# Enhanced Compatibility with Xara X¹ and Xara Xtreme
Thanks to cut and paste compatibility with Xara X¹ and Xara Xtreme you can now
paste shapes from Xara X¹ and Xara Xtreme into Xara3D 6, extrude and edit in
Xara3D, then paste your 3D designs back into Xara X¹ and Xara Xtreme as bitmaps.
#Easier than ever to use
Xara3D has always been popular due to its ease of use. With the totally new
interface, new easier to use help guide, and many other small enhancements (many
requested by existing owners of Xara3D) we're confident that this is our easiest
to use Xara3D yet!
M1cr05oft Windows 98/Me/2000 SP2+/XP
Pentium processor or better
50Mb available hard disk space