WordWeb is a one-click English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows that can look up words in almost any program. It works off-line, but can also look up words in web references such as the Wikipedia encyclopedia.
The extensive up-to-date dictionary database features:
* Definitions and synonyms, including many compounds and proper nouns
* Word relations: find antonyms, parts or types, less specific words, etc.
* Over 126 000 synonym sets and 158 000 root words
* Search over 260 000 words, compounds and derived forms
* 70 000+ pronunciations, with pop-up hint pronunciation key
* 49 000 usage examples
* View alphabetically nearest words, suggestions for many misspellings
WordWeb Pro runs under Windows 98/2000/Me/XP and Vista. Sorry, there is no Mac, Palm or Pocket PC version. You do not need to be online to use WordWeb.