WinRAR is a 32-bit Windows version of the RAR archiver - a powerful tool which allows you to create, manage and control archive files. There are several versions of RAR, for a number of operating environments: Windows, Linux, DOS, OS/2.
There are two versions of RAR for Windows:
* Version with graphical user interface - WinRAR.exe;
* Command line console (text mode) version - Rar.exe.
* Complete support of RAR and ZIP archives;
* Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm;
* Special multimedia compression algorithm;
* Shell interface including drag-and-drop facility;
* Command line interface;
* Non RAR archives (CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR) management;
* Solid archiving, which can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing a large number of small, similar files;
* Multivolume archives;
* Creation of self-extracting archives (also multivolume) using the default or optional SFX modules;
* Recovering physically damaged archives;
* Support for Unicode in file names;
* Other service functions, such as encryption, archive comments (with ANSI esc sequences support), error logging, etc