WinRar v3.61 and RarDOS (full)
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager.
It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
RAR features include:
* Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm
* Special compression algorithms optimized for text, audio,
graphics data, 32 and 64-bit Intel executables
* Better compression than similar tools, using 'solid' archiving
* Authenticity verification (registered version only)
* Self-extracting archives and volumes (SFX)
* Ability to recover physically damaged archives
* Locking, password, file order list, file security & more ...
What's new in the latest version
1. Corrected a bug in multithreaded text compression module,
which under some circumstances might result in corrupt archived data.
This bug was present only in multithreaded mode and only
in WinRAR 3.60. RAR versions for other platforms are not affected.
2. Resolved a compatibility issue preventing WinRAR 3.60 to run
in Windows 95.
Command line 32-bit RAR for DOS and OS/2
This is RAR version for DOS and OS/2. It needs 32 bit CPU to work,
so 8086 and 80286 systems are not supported. This version is command
line only. It works in OS/2 as a native OS/2 application and can handle
long names and extended attributes. It can process long file names
in Windows DOS box (except Windows NT), but it is strongly recommended
to use the native Win32 console rar.exe from WinRAR package in Windows.
Native Win32 RAR is more reliable and has better performance in Win32
RAR/DOS32 has been built by EMX C compiler and it uses RSX DPMI
extender. EMX and RSX can be downloaded here:
This distributive is DOS SFX archive, you need to run it to extract
its contents. Files emx.exe, rsx.exe and emx.dll should be placed to any
directory specified in PATH environment variable. It is also recommended,
though not required, to put rar32.exe to some PATH directory.