This is a free program.There is a 6.0 but i didnt like it.Just search for H-Menu 6.0 if you want to upgrade
Just click on H_menu-EN-Setup.exe
Ive used this Program for ten years
Go to http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/H-Menu.html to see a screen shot.
Any questions be glad to help.My email is [email protected]
A fully configurable launcher, yet it remains invisible until activated with the mouse.
H-Menu is an interesting application launcher which remains invisible until activated with the mouse.
Have everything you need just a click away and say goodbye to the START button and a cluttered Desktop.
Animated Toolbars appear on contact with the screen's edge, up to
two per side.
H-Menu also supports the use of Cascading Menus and Multimedia capabilities.
Screen settings can be changed as you launch programs, or use the tray icon, where you can also access Menu-bars, Dial-Up connections, Sound controls, End Windows Session, Change Screen with a single click.
Customise H-Menu with animation effects and Separators to group items together.
The number of Buttons per Bar and their size can be configured and you can use your own bitmaps as backgrounds.
Also you can create many sets of Buttonbars under different user names and groups, then navigate between them with links on each of the Buttonbar groups.
Try H-Menu and you will be surprised at the improvement it makes to using Windows.
H-Menu is a launchpad: There are many, but
H-Menu is different from anything you've seen before!
H-Menu hides at the 4 edges of your screen, its button bars at the ready.
The bars appear when you make mouse contact with any of the screen borders.
Favourite programs, documents, pictures, Internet sites, email addresses, etc,
can then be started at the click of a button.
Here are some key features of "H-menu":
· easy-to-learn, easy-to-use point&click program operation
· most functions are only one mouse-click away
· point&click buttons to execute any Windows action
· fast tooltips for both configuration and launch buttons
· handy right-click context menus to configure items and access all functions
· easy navigation between the various configuration windows at the press of a button
· special link buttons for fast switching to different Users or Groups
· simple shortcuts to perform the most important functions
· easy-to-learn, easy-to-use items management
· easy creation of new items
· cut, copy, paste, replace, delete items
· store and retrieve deleted items
· insert previously saved items
· all this from a handy context menu, or from inside the shell itself
· drag&drop supported throughout
· easily re-arrange your buttons (manual or auto)
· fast check for incorrect items (manual or auto)
· easy-to-learn, easy-to-use program configuration
· define the activation area of the bars
· fine-tune the behaviour (response) of the bars
extra toggle options:
· H-Menu always on top
· display of info window when launching a program
· use of mouse click first, or the SHIFT key to activate the bars
· lock H-Menu (simple protection to avoid undesired changes)
· easy-to-learn, easy-to-use comprehensive program customisation
· up to 8 button bars possible at the screen edges
· toolbar animation, so bars appear in a cool way on the screen
· set type and speed of animation
· 5 different types of animation (blinds, slide, spread, fan1, fan2)
· define your own maximum number of buttons on each bar
· choose your own background for the bars and buttons
· select individual icons for each button and Separator and set their size
· select a mouse cursor from any on your system
· easy-to-learn, easy-to-use multimedia functions
· play soundfiles and playlists, your own and m3u
· launch programs with the sound of your choice
· create MusicButtons configured to only play a soundfile or playlist
· support for asf, mp3, cda, wav; wax, mid, midi, qt, snd, enc, au, ai, wma and rmi
· full access to sound properties and functions from the tray icon
· drag and drop soundfiles and playlists
· make a bar-button a CD Player based on your default player application
· handy keyboard shortcuts to sound properties
· easy-to-use productivity tool to organise and launch Windows programs
· In many ways, H-Menu is your hassle-free, user-friendly Windows program manager, your Start Buddy.
· any Windows Executable, Shortcut or Link can be configured into a H-Menu button
· change screen settings when launching programs with special display requirements
· option to enter parameters for programs before launch
· choose the way the programs are launched (normal, minimised, maximised, hidden)
· insert Separators to group and categorise your items, choose & scale their icons
· create different groups of bars for different categories of programs
· configure buttons to help you navigate the Internet, send emails, etc.
· easy and complete integration with Windows
· drag&drop shortcuts directly from the Windows Explorer, or IE
· get rid of the clutter on your desktop (H-Menu is truly invisible running on all borders)
· deactivate H-Menu with one mouse click or after launch of a program
· create different groupings of button bars for the different users of your system
· quick & easy access to the Windows system functions
· hide / show Desktop
· activate Screen Saver
· change screen settings on the fly
· activate Windows Display Properties
· activate Windows Run dialog
· activate Windows Control Panel
· log off, restart or shutdown Windows (very handy fast keyboard shortcuts)
· You can even create your own Language Module.
ADVANCED USER OPTIONS
1. H-Menu is now a configurable STARTUP MANAGER.
A folder called Startup is automatically created in your user folder, Me(H-Menu).
Place shortcuts to the programs that you wish H-Menu to launch at Startup in the folder.
For example SysTray.lnk & AdaptecDirectCD.lnk
Next assign the start order & delay [in seconds] until the next item is launched.
Do this by renaming the link with your requirements in brackets before the file name.
For example (01-02)SysTray.lnk and (02-00)AdaptecDirectCD.lnk
H-Menu will launch Systray first (01) and two seconds later (-02) the next item.
To enable H-Menu as StartUp Manager, alter it's shortcut in the Windows StartUp Folder.
It should now read "C:\Program Files\H-menu\H_menu.exe" /StartUp
To bypass your 'StartUp Manager' press Ctrl on H-Menu startup.
2. H-Menu can now Launch Multiple Programs
From a single button launch multiple programs in your defined order.
Create & name a folder, for example MultiLaunch.
In this create shortcuts to the Programs you require to be launched.
Rename the shortcuts, as above, to assign the start order & delay (in seconds).
Use a text editor to create a .hmb file in the folder for example MultiLaunch.hmb
No entries are required in this file, which should remain blank.
Drag the .hmb file to an H-Menu Bar to create a Button
Clicking this button will MultiLaunch your desired programs in the correct sequence.
NEW GLOBAL OPTIONS
1. Automatic Click Folder / Playlist Button
From H-Menu's Systray Icon menu Enable this option.
Hold the cursor over a 'Folder' or 'Music Playlist' button.
It will be pressed for you, opening the folder/list contents menu.
From H-Menu's Systray Icon menu, choose your Background Image (.bmp/.gif/.jpg)
Or select a folder of images and H-Menu will cycle through them for you.
This option can be disabled by pressing Ctrl when H-Menu starts up.
3. User Defined Keyboard Shortcuts for H-Menu items
The 'Change Menu Item' window now allows you to configure shortcuts to each item.
Select your desired combination from Shift-Ctrl-Alt-LeftWin & RightWin.
If the button is a Folder or Playlist, the Shortcut opens the menu at the cursor.
4. Disable an H-Menu Bar
Right-click any item on a bar and select 'Disable Bar' from the menu.
To reactivate it either press 'PrtScn' while invoking the bar, or
Open an active bar & Tab to the disabled bar, right-click an item & select 'Enable Bar'
Disabled Bar items can still be launched from the Systray Icon & keyboard shortcuts.
5. Adjust Maximum column width of popup menus.
6. Give eche bar a unique name.
7. After switching screen resoluiton (Tray Icon), Ctrl + Enter (within 10 seconds) will restore previous state.
8. Ser Transparanty for the bars.
9. Enable/disable tooltips for the bars