Animusic is an American company specializing in the 3D visualization of MIDI-based music. Founded by Wayne Lytle, it is incorporated in New York and has offices in Texas and California. The initial name of the company was Visual Music, changed to Animusic in 1995.
The company is known for its Animusic compilations of computer-generated animations, based on MIDI events processed to simultaneously drive the music and on-screen action, leading to and corresponding to every sound.
Unlike many other music animations, the music drives the animation. Other animations animate figures or characters to the music, while the animations here are created first, then will follow and play what the music tells them to play. 'Solo cams' in the Animusic DVD shows how each instrument actually plays through a piece of music from the beginning to end.
Many of the instruments appear to be robotic or play themselves using curious methods to produce and visualize the original compositions. The animations typically feature dramatically-lit rooms or landscapes.
The music of Animusic is principally pop-rock based, consisting of straightforward sequences of triggered samples and digital patches mostly played 'dry'; i.e., with few effects. There are no lyrics or voices, save for the occasional chorus synthesizer. According to the director's comments on DVD 2 (see below), most instrument sounds are generated with software synthesizers on a music workstation. Many sounds resemble stock patches available on digital keyboards, subjected to some manipulation, e.g. pitch / playback speed, to enhance their timbre.
* 8 unique music animations
* All 8 animations in Widescreen (16:9) AND Fullscreen (4:3)
* Both Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo mixes
* Fully animated musical menus
* Director's Commentary
* Fold-out 4-panel menu structure diagram insert
* STARSHIP GROOVE - multi-angle (3 views)
* POGO STICKS - backstage rehearsal
* RESONANT CHAMBER - split-view (6 windows)
* CATHEDRAL PICTURES - set construction
* PIPE DREAM 2 - render progression
* FIBER BUNDLES - multi-angle (4 mixes)
* GYRO DRUMS - split-view (4 windows)
* HEAVY LIGHT - set construction
* HEAVY LIGHT - close-ups
* Over 250 Art Development Stills
You can find this and thousands of other music related torrents at MakeGreatMusic.net. But hurry, open registrations will be closing very SOON!