Build your family tree. Preserve your family legacy.
Millions of people have used Family Tree Maker, the #1 selling
genealogy software, to discover and share their family stories.
Now, with an intuitive new interface and dozens of new features,
the latest version makes it easier than ever to explore your roots.
Whether you're new to family history or a seasoned genealogist,
Family Tree Maker 2008 makes it easy to discover, preserve and
share your family history.
Family Tree Maker 2008 lets you easily:
- Build a family tree starting with names, dates and events.
- Attach photos, documents and audio and video files.
- Quickly merge new facts and records from the web into your tree.
- Use interactive maps to explore the places where your ancestors
- Design and print charts to display at home and share with family.
This completely redesigned program has dozens of new features,
- A new interface that combines elements of a pedigree chart and
a family group sheet, making it much easier to enter, view and
edit your data.
- Vastly improved integration with Ancestry.com.
- A web clipper that lets you merge data from anywhere on the
web into your tree.
- Standardized criteria for rating your sources.
- Features that make it easy to manage photos and other media files
and incorporate them into charts and reports.
- A place authority with more than 3 million place names that helps
you correctly enter locations.
- Dynamic lists that show you all the people and events associated
with a particular place.
- Timelines that highlight personal, family and world events that
occurred during your ancestors lives.
- A robust tool for sorting and managing your to-do list.
- The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including
Personal Ancestral File, The Master Genealogist and Legacy Family