TuneUp Utilities 2009 can make your Windows operating system faster, more
comfortable and more secure with just a few mouse clicks. And all operations
performed on the operating system are completely safe, because all changes are
monitored by TuneUp Rescue Center and can be undone at any time. All TuneUp
Utilities modules can be accessed through a common interface that is divided
into six categories.
The software helps both beginners and experts to make Windows meet their needs
in a way that is better, easier and safer. All important system options are
explained in an easy way and can be turned on or off at the click of your mouse.
TuneUp Utilities 2009 will then make the necessary changes in the registry or
boot files automatically. We place a high value on system stability, so that
Windows won't stop working reliably. And most changes that you make can be
undone in TuneUp Rescue Center - easily and safely.
The program also gives you many more options. In addition to helping you make
Windows "better looking", you can also clean up and optimize your system at the
click of a mouse. TuneUp Utilities 2009 will clean up unnecessary data from your
hard disk and remove unnecessary entries from your registry. It can defragment
your hard disk and registry and optimize your system settings to make Windows
run substantially faster. Most of this maintenance is performed automatically
every week by TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance.
- TuneUp Drive Defrag. Defragments hard disks, thus speeding up Windows and
- TuneUp StartUp Manager. Controls which programs are executed at Windows
- TuneUp System Optimizer. Speeds up the system and Internet, offers tips for
- TuneUp Registry Defrag. Corrects physical errors in the registry and
- TuneUp Memory Optimizer (through Windows XP). Monitors and optimizes free
memory in the background
Free up disk space
- Unnecessary files and backups. Removes unneeded ballast from your disks
- Windows functions. Deactivates selected Windows functions that take up
particularly large amounts of disk space
- TuneUp Disk Space Explorer. Provides information about the disk space usage
of your system and helps you clean up your disks
- TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance. Cleans up your system and defragments your
drives at the click of a mouse button
- TuneUp Registry Cleaner. Removes invalid entries and references from your
- TuneUp Disk Doctor. Finds and corrects errors on your drives
- TuneUp Repair Wizard. Corrects frequently occurring Windows problems
quickly and easily
- TuneUp Undelete. Recovers files that have been deleted from the Recycle Bin
- TuneUp System Control. Lets you control the look and feel of the Windows
- TuneUp Styler. Here you can change Windows symbols, logon screens, the
Welcome screen and the visual style
- TuneUp Process Manager. Allows you to manage currently running programs
- TuneUp Registry Editor. Helps you to edit and browse the registry
- TuneUp Shredder. Deletes files securely, ensuring that they cannot be
- TuneUp System Information. Provides comprehensive information on your computer
- TuneUp Uninstall Manager. Uninstalls programs you don't need anymore
- The New Start Page: User-Friendly and Supportive
The user interface of TuneUp Utilities 2009 has been expanded to include a new
Start Page that is shown directly after starting the program. An optimal starting
point for using the software, the Start Page informs you of the status of all the
major areas of your system, clearly indicates problems and potential PC
improvements, and offers guidance and clear recommendations. It also provides
direct access to central Windows optimization functions such as the improved
1-Click Maintenance and the new TuneUp Speed Optimizer module.
- TuneUp Speed Optimizer: Customized and Intelligent
The new TuneUp Speed Optimizer module enables you to optimize your PC with just
a few clicks of a mouse You stay in control of the program, and can automatically
optimize all areas of your system at once or select individual functions.
Designed for both novice and advanced computer users, the tool simplifies and
eases Windows maintenance efforts with clear and easy-to-understand decision
messages The module helps to uncover unused programs and resource-heavy functions
that often remain undiscovered. TuneUp Speed Optimizer also introduces an
intelligent process to PC optimization. Instead of handling every system according
to the same niles. your individual combination of hardware and software, your
usage behavior and your personal preferences are taken into account throughout
- New module: "TuneUp Drive Defrag"
TuneUp Utilities 2009 now includes the brand new TuneUp Drive Defrag module, one
of the most powerful modules in the Increase performance category. TuneUp Drive
Defrag performs a thorough analysis of your disks to determine whether they are
highly fragmented. Highly fragmented disks can slow down your system performance,
as the files needed by Windows must first be reconstructed from individual pieces
(fragments) before they can be opened.
TuneUp Drive Defrag puts the scattered fragments on your hard disk back together
to speed up your system substantially. The files are also reorganized in an
intelligent way so that Windows and frequently used programs or games will launch
substantially faster. Finally, the free space on your disks is consolidated to
prevent new fragments from being created for as long as possible.
This comprehensive optimization may take a while but is worth it - just give it
- Improved TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance
TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance in TuneUp Utilities 2009 allows you to perform even
more maintenance functions on your system with a single click of the mouse. You
can also run this important function directly from the Start Center. Additional
information about TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance is also shown there. In the new
software version, defragmentation of your hard disks is now included in
TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance. While this is being done in the background, you can
minimize TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance and continue working with your computer
without any problems.
- New area: "Free up disk space"
Even the largest hard disk fills up at some point. With today's Internet
connections and the constantly growing range of downloads, this happens more
quickly than most users would like it to. That's why TuneUp Utilities 2009 now
offers even more features to find and delete unnecessary files.
In the Free up disk space area of the Start Center, TuneUp Utilities 2009 now
gives you an overview of the amount of space that can be saved on each system
drive. This function replaces and expands upon the "TuneUp DiskCleaner" module,
which was used in earlier versions of TuneUp Utilities. In addition to the file
types that were identified by the older program versions, the program now finds
error reporting files, thumbnail files (Windows, ACDSee and Google Picasa
formats), restore points, Windows Update backups and the Google Earth cache.
The "Windows functions" category, also new, can help you to quickly free up
gigabytes of additional disk space.
- New module: "TuneUp Repair Wizard"
The TuneUp Repair Wizard can be opened directly from the Start Center in the new
category Solve problems. This recognizes common computer or display problems and
can quickly resolve them.
- TuneUp System Control with even more tweaks for Vista
TuneUp System Control gives you more than 400 options for customizing Windows and
program settings. The new version also includes additional functions for the
brand new Windows Vista operating system.