Introducing EndNote X1
With EndNote® X1 you get everything you asked for and more. By listening to writers and researchers like you, and delivering ways to simplify your work, EndNote remains the favored, time-saving solution for organizing references and creating instant bibliographies.
Create groups to view and manage subsets of references
Drag and drop references into groups just as you do with playlists of music. Each EndNote X1 library can have up to 500 custom groups, and action-specific groups are created automatically for search results, file imports and reference transfers from EndNote Web, a companion product available via ISI Web of Knowledge.
Cite While You Write(TM) in Microsoft® Word 2007 for Windows®
EndNote X1 presents a new tab in Word 2007 for Windows to replace the Tools menu of previous versions. This new EndNote tab makes the most common Cite While You Write options easy to locate and select in one click.
View and manage more reference details
The library list display now reveals all authors so you can review more information instantly. The “Link to PDF” field is renamed to “File Attachment” for organizing up to 45 files per reference. Your custom reference types can now be exported and imported between computers easily. And, you can control the display font for the “Search” window and reference field labels.
Other new features:
* Use the new Quick Search tool to search all fields in a library or group
* View file names with the icons in the File Attachment field
* Confirm changes to a reference with a new preference setting
* Use AppleScript® to automate and extend EndNote functions between applications
* “Connect” is renamed to “Online Search” in the Tools menu
* “Show All” output style is renamed to “Show all fields”
* “Image” field is renamed to “Figure” for association with the Cite While You Write “Insert Figure” options
* Subject bibliographies can now include the Reference Type field
* Convert ProCite databases to EndNote libraries automatically Use native Mac OS X spellchecker—easily convert custom dictionaries from earlier versions of EndNote with the Dictionary Converter
* “Transfer references” is renamed to “EndNote Web” in the Tools menu
* “Electronic Resource Number” field is renamed to “DOI” field
* Improved compatibility with MS Word add-ins such as Snag-It and FlashPaper
* Install Cite While You Write easily on lab computers with multiple user profiles
* Use new fields “Epub Date” and “Legal Note”
* Copy text in the preview pane to paste in other applications
Search, collaborate and collect references in new ways
You may have instant access to EndNote Web for collaborating with colleagues and students. You can cite references from both EndNote and EndNote Web in a single paper and transfer libraries, too. EndNote X1 includes new and updated files for searching online resources, importing references, and formatting bibliographies. You’ll find 1,500+ connections to online sources, 600+ import filters and over 2,800 publishing styles!
EndNote X1.0.1 for Windows
The EndNote X1.0.1 update for Windows includes many highly requested features including:
* EndNote for Windows Mobile / Pocket PC
Note: EndNote X1.0.1 was designed to run on Windows Mobile 5 using Windows XP computers. Smartphones running Windows Mobile are not supported.
* Expanded groups—create hundreds of groups in each EndNote library
* Formatting support for Open Document Type (ODT) files using the Format Paper command
* The reference preview now displays active URLs for quick access