Dr.Web has three main core functions: the antivirus engine, the mail-scanning engine, and a task scheduler. You are no longer required to drill throughout the program’s configuration menus similarly as in the case of some other programs of this sort as a number of program options are accessible just by right-clicking the tray icons.
The scanning engine, the program’s designers say, is so created as it doesn’t need to rescan the same files regularly. The application allows you to manage differently malware, adware, and hacking tools as they are sorted out in categories. A default action as well as a “what to do if this fails” action can be given to each type of menace.
* Detection and neutralization of malware on hard drives, removable data storage devices and in RAM
* Real-time interception of calls to files on hard and floppy drives, CD/DVD/Blue-ray/Flash drives, and smart cards
* Detection of viruses placed in an archive at any nesting level
* New! The FLY-CODE technology allows checking files compressed by unknown packers
* Protection against unknown threats powered by non-signature detection technology Origins
* Tracing™ and the intelligent heuristic analyzer
* Protection against mass mailings performed by a mail worm from an infected machine
* Protection of account information related to online games, social networks, electronic money systems, credit card numbers and PIN codes
* Detection of spam-bots
* Virus scan of SMTP/POP3/NNTP/IMAP traffic
* On demand/scheduled scan
* Individual scan schedules
* Automatic updating