Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.01 w Recovery Disk
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery (formerly LiveState Recovery) combines the speed and reliability of disk-based, bare-metal Windows« system recovery with revolutionary technologies for hardware-independent restoration and lights-out operation. The result is unparalleled freedom to restore systems anytime, from anywhere, to virtually any device.
Symantec Backup ExecÖ System Recovery 8 is the gold standard in complete Windows« system recovery with the ability to restore systems in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments. Now includes flexible offsite protection and enhanced data recovery capabilities, integration with Symantec security and systems management solutions, and support for Windows Server 2008.
With disk-based Backup Exec System Recovery, organizations can recover from system loss or disasters in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware, virtual environments or in remote, unattended locations.
Backup Exec System Recovery 8 now includes flexible offsite protection that enables administrators to automatically copy recovery points to a remote server using FTP or to an external hard drive or network share. A new Granular Restore Option enables organizations to recover Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, folders, messages, and attachments; individual Microsoft SharePoint documents; and individual files or folders in minutes from a single, multi-tab interface.
In addition, Backup Exec System Recovery 8 also includes integration with Symantec's ThreatCon global security alerting system to enable system recovery points to be captured immediately and automatically in the event of an elevated Internet ThreatCon level.
Integration of Backup Exec System Recovery 8 with the Altiris management platform enables administrators to control backup tasks from a familiar interface and database framework. In addition, Backup Exec System Recovery 8 can now intelligently and uniquely communicate to external USB drives and run backup jobs to the given device, even if Windows changes the drive letter for the device.
Also new with Backup Exec System Recovery 8 is logo-certified support for Windows Server 2008, including Restore Anyware technology for dissimilar hardware and physical-to-virtual restoration. Backup Exec System Recovery 8 leverages the power of virtualization for seamless physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) conversions to VMware« ESX Server, VMware Server, VMware Workstation and Microsoft Virtual Server disk formats.
* Dissimilar hardware restoration with Restore Anyware technology
* Comprehensive virtual conversion capabilities directly to VMDK or VHD files
* Offsite backup copy to FTP location or secondary disk drive for enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
* Granular recovery of Exchange, SharePoint or files and folders from a single, multi-tab interface (via the Granular Restore Option)
* Easily meet strict recovery time objectives (RTOs) by recovering complete systems in minutes, even from a bare-metal state
* Eliminate backup windows by capturing the entire live Windows system, without disrupting user productivity or application usage
* Innovative multi-product integration with market-leading technologies including Symantec ThreatCon and Altiris Notification Server
* Centrally manage backup and recovery tasks for multiple servers across your entire organization (via Backup Exec System Recovery Manager).