CounterSpy is a powerful spyware and malware remover but treads lightly on system resources. Now, you don't have to choose between PC security and PC performance.
With CounterSpy you get:
* Advanced Anti-Malware technology
* Kernel-level 24/7 Active Protection
* Boot Time Scans kill rootkits
* Small memory footprint
* Runs great on Windows Vista and XP!
New in CounterSpy v3:
- Increased scan speed and dramatically reduced Memory and CPU usage.
- Easier interface with a new Overview page that gives you the system health.
- Advanced Rootkit protection in addition to FirstScan.
- Active Protection now includes 'On Access' scanning to see when spyware is copied or opened.
- CounterSpy V3 is a Subset of VIPRE and uses the same advanced detection capabilities found in VIPRE.
- New ability to view the history of events, scans, and Active Protection with actions taken.
How to correctly apply the Patch:
1. Install Counterspy v3.1.2252
2. After installation make sure to completely shutdown Counterspy before using Patch (Close Counterspy icon in your task tray).
This also includes terminating "SBAMSvc.exe" process by opening "Task Manager" (CTRL-ALT-DEL) selecting "Processes" highlighting "SBAMSvc.exe" then right clicking on it and selecting "End Process".
Note: If you dont see "SBAMSvc.exe" under Processes, don't worry it's already been closed.
3. Copy "Patch" to installation folder (C:Program FilesSunbelt SoftwareCounterSpy) and apply.
4. Failure to follow instructions will result in the Patch not working.
5. After updating, reboot.
6. If done correctly you should have 365 days left of subscription.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000 SP4 RollUp 1
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows XP SP1, SP2, SP3 (Home, Pro, Media Center, Tablet) 32 and 64-bit
- Windows Vista+ (All flavors) 32 and 64-bit