Solid Converter PDF is powerful tool that converts any PDF documents to and from other formats. Why should we convert the PDF files? Because the PDF format is not easily editable. The actual version can convert the PDF files in DOC, RTF, Microsoft XML and DOC, XML files into PDF.
The tool has 4 options to choose the appropriate layout. Depending on what you choose the application will recover the original page layout, formatting, graphics and preserve the text flow. The wizard of the application will show the exact layout of the new file so don't bother to learn the options by heart.
3 options are available to recover the original image from the PDF file. Again the wizard will show you the exact format of the new file so the new conversion will be clear for the user.
A new feature of this version is the table detection function. You can easily recover the tables from the PDF file and edit them in Microsoft EXCEL.
If you want to convert the DOC and XML files in PDF files, you can easily do this directly from Microsoft Office toolbar. The application will automatically install the needed buttons for the conversion in the toolbar.
Pluses: user friendly interface, high quality conversions of the graphics and fonts of the original file
Drawbacks / flaws: for such an application almost 30MB of installed files is quite a lot.
In conclusion: Solid Converter PDF is a cheap and good solution for editing PDF files.
* Windows® Vista (32 bit), 2003 or XP
* Microsoft® Office (any version) required to create PDF files from .doc, .xls, .ppt, ...
* Single product license for single system. Site licenses are available.
* Minimum - CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 (2GHz) or AMD AthlonTM XP 2800+ (2.2GHz); RAM: 512MB
* Recommended - CPU: Intel® 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz) or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 3800+ (2GHz); RAM: 1GB+ (2GB if running Windows® Vista)