Host multiple web sites on w1nd0ws with this Apache-based web server. MiniPortal is a complete web site hosting solution with an Apache-based web server, FTP server, dynamic DNS support, browser-based GUI, CGI and Perl (mod_perl) scripting, and many plugins. MiniPortal runs right out of the box, and comes with a FREE trial subdomain name. Plug-ins for PHP, MySQL, and more are also available.
MiniPortal Key Features:
* Servers: Apache web server, FTP server
* Content Management Systems: e.g. phpNuke, postNuke
* Databases: MySQL (plug-in)
* DNS: Static/Dynamic IPs (optional DNS Service)
* Forums: Phorum, phpBB, YaBB (plug-ins)
* Scripting Applications: e.g. FormMail
* Scripting Languages: ASP, Perl (and mod_perl), PHP (plug-in)
* Web-based Administrative 'Control Panel'
* w1nd0ws-based Server Manager
MySQL Plugin v3.23.4c
The MySQL plug-in supports the MySQL database. The MySQL database can be used as a general back-end server database, and is used directly by a number of Forums and other web applications.
In addition to the MySQL software, the plug-in also contains:
* a MiniPortal Administrator menu for controlling the MySQL server and running database diagnostics,
* phpMyAdmin for database administration,
* several Perl libraries for accessing MySQL (DBI, DBD::MySQL)
PHP access to MySQL (mod_mysql) is built into the PHP plug-in, which must be installed first in order to use the PHP features and phpMyAdmin.
phpBB2 Plugin v2.0.17
The phpBB plug-in supports the phpBB discussion board.
Features of phpBB include: unlimited forums and posts, private or public forums, searching, automatic email notification, and administrative functions.
In addition to the phpBB software, the plug-in adds a MiniPortal Administrator menu to setup phpBB, and to access the phpBB administrative functions, discussion boards, and Help information.
The plug-in automatically installs phpBB and configures the web server for phpBB.
PHP Plugin v4.4.0
The PHP plug-in supports PHP and PHP extensions. Files named with the '.php' suffix are processed by the PHP interpreter. PHP can be used for dynamic page generation and general server-side processing.
The PHP plug-in configures PHP for CGI mode. That is, each time a .php file is accessed, a new PHP interpreter is run by the web server under the Common Gateway Interface (CGI) protocol. The Apache module, mod_php4.dll, is also included and the web server can be manually reconfigured to use it instead of the CGI mode.
The default plug-in configuration does not enable any PHP extensions, but a number of extensions are bundled with the plug-in, and can be loaded dynamically with the PHP 'dl()' command, or by uncommenting them in the PHP configuration file 'php.ini' in the php directory.