Create a comprehensive DVD database
-List all movie information, including cast, crew, studio, year, plot, etc...
-Include DVD details, like screen ratios, subtitles, audio tracks, etc...
-For TV Series, list all episode titles, first air-dates and plots.
Then enjoy browsing your movie database on your computer
-View your DVD database as a list or as gallery of cover images.
-Group movies by genre, release year, format or any other property.
-Find movies quickly, either by title, actor or anything you want.
-Browse your movie database on Windows Media Center.
Add movies or TV series to your database in three easy steps
-Enter movie title to search our online DVD database and Amazon.
-Select your movie from the search results.
-Click the Add button to add it to your personal database.
Movie Collector will automatically download data and images
-All movie information: cast, crew, studio, release year, running time, genre, etc...
-For TV Series: all episode titles.
-All DVD details: screen ratios, subtitles, audio tracks, region, etc...
-The box cover image.
Version 5.5 build 2 (May 6, 2008)
- New Movie Collector MCE viewer for Media Center (created by Brian Baskerville of mcezone.com)
(Note: some features are only available under Vista)
- cool new look and feel in several different views (Large Covers, Thumbnails and Titles)
- search by Title, Genre or Rating right from the MCE viewer
- use the on screen keyboard to find movies starting with a specific letter
- order your movie list by Title, Year or a Custom order
(defined in Movie Collector in Tools / Options / Media Center)
- Define a Filter for MCE data in Tools / Options / Media Center
- No exporting to MCE necessary, the MCE viewer always uses an up-to-date data set
- New Screen Layout setting, offering six different layout configurations of tree, list and details panel
- Horizontal Split
- Vertical Split
- Full Width Details
- Full Height Tree
- Full Height Details
- Classic Layout (the pre v5.5 layout)
- Improvements to the multi-disc and TV series / episodes support
- Movie items are now shown in the tree panel, so that they can be expanded to show their details
- Expand a movie item to see its Disc items.
- For TV series, expand a Disc items to see the episodes on that disc
- Select a Disc item in the tree panel to view its episodes in the List panel, including their Sequence Number, Title, First-Air Date, Plot, etc...
- New icons and Detail View logos for Betamax and CED formats
- Import data from My Movies
- Islandic language support, thanks to Gunnar Magnusson
- Edit Multiple: price fields could not be cleared using F8