All types of media are supported: CDs and DVDs, hard disks, floppy disks, mounted network disks, USB drives, and RAM disks. You can also add separate folders to the catalog. You can view the list of files on any disk and their properties in the same way you can do it in Windows Explorer. Plus, you can add your comment to any disk, folder or file.
If your boxes with disks are numbered, or if you are going to number them, you can specify these numbers in the catalog. Both automatic and manual numbering of disks are supported.
You can add multiple CDs and DVDs simultaneously and with the utmost ease: all you have to do is to change disks and click Insert CD/DVD, the program itself will do all the other operations, such as detecting the inserted disk, scanning it, and ejecting the disk.
All the media added to the catalog can be divided into categories. The default categories are Games, Movies, Photos, Software, Music and Others. You can edit these categories and add new ones.
While managing the disk collection, you need tools to search, report and show statistics. Smart CD Catalog offers you a powerful tool for searching with a wide range of criteria. The flexible report generator will help you create reports on the contents of your disks, for example, you will be able to publish them on a website or process them in Excel. Statistics will show you detailed information for each type of media as well as general information.
You can use Smart CD Catalog as a media organizer as well: you can also keep a list of people that have your disks. If you have borrowed a disk from someone, you can also put it down and add it to the list. Smart CD Catalog will definitely be useful for home users who have video, music and photo collections. It will also be useful in business to manage data stored on disks or to rent video disks.
* Intuitive graphic interface
* Adding any types of disks
* Adding separate folders
* Automatically scanning inserted CDs and DVDs
* CDDB support
* Numbering disks
* Adding comments to disks, folders or files
* Filtering disks by categories, locations and types of media
* Maintaining a list of borrowers and a history of loans
* Displaying detailed information about disks, folders or files
* Displaying the size of folders in the list of folders and files
* Sorting disks, folders and files by any property
* Detailed statistics about the contents of the catalog
* Flexible report generator
* Minimize the program into the system tray
* Wide search features
* Password-protected access
Changes in Version 2.54:
1. Added: Installing desktop icon for All Users or for Current User only.
2. Added: License types: Home and Small office.
3. Changed: It is now possible to edit the description of the Audio CD.
4. Changed: Error handling for Audio CD scanning.
5. Changed: Minor interface improvements.
6. Fixed: Blurred icon on the Vista desktop.
7. Fixed: Error when adding folders that have apostrophes in their names.
8. Fixed: Clearing the comments of the tracks during the Audio CD update.
All credit goes to the person or persons who suplied this, i am only sharing it.