SAS 9.1.3 with SP4 (Working Modules), JMP 7 Statistical Discovery, and E-Books
After hacking together many different torrents over several days to compile an up to date copy of SAS 9.1.3 where all the modules work, I decided to create a new SAS torrent that includes everything you need along with clear instructions. There is no real crack or scene release of this, so forgive the unusual and lengthy process you need to go through.
This torrent includes SAS 9.1.3, the most recent service pack (SP4), a patch for the service pack, JMP Statistical Discovery (to make basic stats easier -- more like SPSS), and a handful of SAS e-books.
Information about the features of SAS 9.1.3:
Instructions (for client install):
1) For simplicity, I'd create 6 virtual drives through Daemon, PowerISO, or MagicISO (you need to rotate through several discs for install). If you do not have mounting software, simply download it, or burn each ISO to a separate disc and clearly label them. Alternately, you can keep mounting the appropriate disk upon request.
2) Change the computer's date to December 14th, 2004 (in Windows) for the install, as the license files are outdated. You may want to close other applications prior to the change.
3) Mount all of the ISOs to our virtual drives
4) Explore the setup disk drive (SAS V9.1.3 Setup.iso) and proceed to the “SAS” folder. If you are running Windows XP or earlier, simply click on the install file. If you are running Windows Vista, run in compatibility mode by right clicking the setup file (setup.exe); go to properties, compatibility tab, and select Windows XP. Then right click the setup file again and run as administrator. You only need to run the setup in compatibility mode, the program runs fine in Vista (refer to Google if you want to verify).
5) The install file may prompt you to complete a system update wizard, where it will install things such as the SAS Private Java Runtime and so forth. If you need to do this, it will install the updates and close. Simply run the setup file again (as admin) to begin the installation. Proceed as a “file” install.
6) Two license files are included in this package (from separate releases). One is located on the setup disc (SID.txt) and the other is on disc two as the only text file on the main directory. I used the one on the setup disc, but figure out which one has the modules you’re looking for. Optionally, you could run install again later using the alternate file to add modules. Copy & Paste the programs it lists into an open notepad and proceed.
7) Keep clicking next UNTIL you get to “Select Components.” Expand the list of “SAS 9.1” and make sure to manually select the modules listed in your open notepad – for some reason, it won’t install each one by default. I had this program with SAS Assist & SAS Stat which are covered from the license.
8) Continue through install, directing the install file to the correct mounting, or by inserting the correct CD. Disk 2 & Shared components are on the same disc, and Disk 3 & 4 are on the same disc. So you’ll have to click on the correct folder within the disc. Secure-SAS is the disc for “SAS/Secure”
9) Execute SAS, check modules to ensure install was successful. If any modules are missing, or included in the alternate license file that you need --- NOW is the time to install them from the disc. You should do this prior to installing the service pack.
Once the main install is finished and operational.
10) Install the service pack located in the service pack folder... the install file is e9h004wn.exe (In VISTA: also run in compatibility mode as admin). It should update 4 different programs. If there are any problems, you can install the service pack manually, which is located in program filesSAS Service Pack [check for exact name]. Just run all of the different setup files in that folder/subfolders
11) Run SP4 Patch located in patch folder within SP4 or on main setup image (same patch in both); the patch enables SAS to run with ANY date. So you can now run SAS with today’s date. Great.
Once complete, open SAS, and check under the menu “Help -> About” that SAS is now with SP4.
*** NOW CHANGE YOUR DATE TO CURRENT DATE and ENABLE all programs you closed (e.g. anti-virus).
12) If you wish, install JMP 7. Once installed, replace “jmp.exe” in the install folder with the crack file “CRACK Jmp” located in the torrent folder. Simply rename the old file to jmpold.exe and rename the crack by removing “crack” from the name.
Everything should work now ?
Now.. if you want to learn how to use SAS, refer to the books or online help files.
For reference, the license includes:
Academic Computing Offer
Base SAS Software
SAS OnlineTutor Programming Software
SAS/ACCESS Interface to DB2 Software
SAS/ACCESS Interface to MySQL
SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC Software
SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB Software
SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE Software
SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files Software
SAS/ACCESS Interface to SYBASE Software
SAS/SECURE for Windows Software