* Over 100 lessons from a Guitar Institute of Technology graduate
* Hosted by radio personality Steve Rock of KISW’s “Metal Shop”
* Techniques include movable power chords, hammer-ons, distorted riffs and more
* Equipment tips include using distortion, whammy bar, feedback, wah pedal and more
* Over 90 songs and riffs to learn
* Learn Rock, Metal, or Punk Guitar: Instructor Charles McCrone, a graduate o f the cutting-edge Guitar Institute of Technology, with over 25 years of playin g and teaching experience, takes you through all the techniques needed to play rock, punk, and metal. These include movable power chords, barre chords, effect s pedals, yanks, hammer-ons, pull-offs, palm muting, distorted riffs, the blues scale, using feedback, the whammy bar, and more!
* Video Instruction: In over 50 full-motion videos, host Steve Rock of KISW's Metal Shop demonstrates techniques. Split-screen videos provide close-ups as n eeded.
* Animated Fretboard: Displays fingering positions as the music plays. Also s hows fingering for any chord or note you double-click. Features right-handed, l eft-handed, and mirror views.
* Audio with Tracking: listen to studio recordings or variable-speed MIDI tra cks for songs and exercises, with music highlighted as it plays.
* Over 100 Lessons: eMedia Rock Guitar Method CD-ROM makes learning quick and easy with over 100 audio and video-enhanced guitar lessons. Our revolutionary teaching style has you playing songs, chords, and riffs within minutes--no prev ious experience required. The gear tips will help keep you playing all night lo ng!
* Automatic Tuner: Tune your guitar quickly and easily. A precision gauge all ows you to play into your computer's microphone and immediately get feedback to see if you're too high or too low. Full audio reference notes also provided.
* Chord Dictionary: Includes fingering charts and recorded sounds for over 25 0 chords. Easy access helps you learn songs with new chords quickly. An indispe nsable reference tool!
* Digital Metronome: Allows you to set your own tempo and work on your pickin g speed, rhythm, and timing. Provides both visual cue and/or audio tick. Full r ange of tempi, from largo to presto.
* Digital Recorder: Record and play yourself back! This feature allows you to compare your recordings with the instructor's version, fine tune your skills, and store musical ideas.
Includes the following hit songs:
* "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath
* "Tired of Waiting for You" as by Green Day
* "You Really Got Me" as by Van Halen
* "All Day and All of the Night" by The Kinks
* "All Right Now" by Free
* "Tomorrow" by Silverchair
* "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult
* "Lake of Fire" as by Nirvana
From the makers of the best-selling Guitar Method tutorial software! The eMedia Rock Guitar Method CD-ROM makes learning quick and easy with over 100 audio and video-enhanced guitar lessons. Our revolutionary teaching style has you playing songs, chords and riffs within minutes - no previous experience required. The gear tips will help keep you playing all night long! Instructor Charles McCrone, a graduate of the cutting-edge Guitar Institute of Technology, with over 25 years of playing and teaching experience, takes you through all of the techniques needed to play rock, punk and metal. These include movable power chords, barre chords, effects pedals, yanks, hammer-ons, pull-offs, palm muting, distorted riffs, the blues scale, using feedback, the whammy bar and more. Features many hit songs including: “Paranoid” - Black Sabbath “Tired of Waiting for You” - made famous by Green Day “Lake of Fire” - made famous by Nirvana “You Really Got Me” - made famous by Van Halen Learn to play Rock Guitar in the style of AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Led Zeppelin, Hoobastank, Blink 182 and many more!
Rock Guitar Method shows you how to rock out by teaching you the classics. Pick up an ax and start covering your favorite rock, blues, country and folk songs with the roar and energy that only an electric guitar has. Follow along with 165 different step-by-step lessons, covering the basics like holding&stringing your guitar -- then move on to reading notation and fingerpicking styles. On-screen lessons from a noted guitar expert provide clear and user-friendly instruction. Start playing the guitar more easily than you ever thought possible! The digital metronome is for setting your own tempo, to work on your picking speed, rhythm and timing Use the Digital Recorder to play yourself back and hear how you're doing