Restorator is an award-winning utility to edit windows resources in applications and their components, e.g. files with .exe, .dll, .res, .rc, .dcr, extension (see PE files and RES files).
Change, add, remove resources such as text, images, icons, sounds, videos, version, dialogs and menus in almost all programs.
Restorator is used for translation/localization, customization, design improvement and development.
This resource editor comes with an intuitive user-interface, complete documentation with many examples and prompt user support in the discussion forums or via email.
July 28th, 2007: Released Update 2 for Restorator 2007. [What's New]
Now ships with version resource editing from the command line!
Download: [trial version] - [patch for full version]
And the really cool thing is: With Restorator you need NO technical knowledge of program's internals to do it. The world SHOULD run like this.
3d2f software directory [full review on 3d2f.com]
With Restorator 2007 you can
* Translate existing applications (localization)
* Customize the look and feel of programs
* Replace logos and icons (branding)
* Enhance control over resource files in the software development process
* Hack into the inner workings of applications on your computer