BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent, which is one of the most popular p2p protocol designed for high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files. BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc. Supports 43 Languages.
Features of "BitComet":
Video Download - any video from any site!
- Now able to download any video/mp3/flash files from ANY website.
BitTorrent Download - fast and powerful
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of MP3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, therefore increasing service life.
- Quick Resume: The torrents can be seeded or resumed immediately without time consuming scans.
- NAT Traversal: Users behind NAT can now connect with each other by UDP.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows XP
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router, Windows XP is required).
- Option of Disabling and Setting Priority of Files in any torrent: Files can be disabled, so they are not downloaded, or set to higher or lower priority, allowing you to select which files finish first.
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT): Torrents can be downloaded when tracker is offline using DHT.
- Support for Multi-tracker, and utf-8 extension, UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download - Innovative P2P Technology
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of mp3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Ability of Multi-Section Download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Peer download: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP protocol, with which BitComet automatically finds other peers and gets data from them to increase your download speed without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Support for Unicode: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
Download Management - Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Easy to Use and Free!
- User-friendly and very easy-to-use, we try to hide every complicated terms behind the interface
- BitComet does not contain any adware or spyware.
- You can support us by making a donation.
Changes in version 0.94, 2007.10.09:
GUI Improved: new function in context menu of BT task file list: search ED2K link for selected file
GUI Improved: enable Windows open file security warning for downloaded executable files
GUI Improved: new option in preferences dialog: Login BitComet Passport Automatically
GUI Improved: hide notify window of start downloading torrent file immediately after download finished
GUI Improved: support query file size and server resume-supported ability for BC link in HTTP task properties dialog
GUI Improved: lanuch BitComet resource browser to capture video file when click "download video" in IE context menu
GUI Improved: add Accelerate Keys page to Help menu
GUI Improved: remove horizontal scroll-bar of fav list and task info pane list
GUI Bugfix: tasks in queue will not start automatically at next time of BitComet launch
GUI Bugfix: task list and file list do not refresh after rename task
GUI Bugfix: get invaild BC link when copy BC link from FTP task
GUI Bugfix: the display effect of resizing floating window is not correct under Windows Vista
GUI Bugfix: zero-size BT task will display in downloading list all the time
Core Improved: eMule plugin supports searching ED2K link for selected file of BT task, to help BitComet download from ED network
Core Improved: new toolbar button in BitComet resource browser to capture flv video files in webpage and download them
Core Improved: HTTP task decrease download rate automatically when disk writing speed much lower than downloading rate
Core Bugfix: HTTP task will download file repeatedly in some special situation of hash check failure
Core Bugfix: the file name and sub-directory name in torrent file is invaild when make torrent of an entire disk from root directory
Core Bugfix: in-queue task number may get wrong if select to download remainder files of a BT task after part files of which download finished
Core Bugfix: eMule plugin window appears incorrectlly sometimes
Core Bugfix: preview download mode does not work correctly sometimes
Core Bugfix: play button does not display in task list after download video file from HTTP server without resume-supported ability