BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent, which is one of the most popular p2p protocol designed for high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files. BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc. Supports 43 Languages.
Features of "BitComet":
BitTorrent Download - fast and powerful
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of MP3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization: Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache: Memory cache is used to reduce the read/write frequency of your hard drive, therefore increasing service life.
- Quick Resume: The torrents can be seeded or resumed immediately without time consuming scans.
- NAT Traversal: Users behind NAT can now connect with each other by UDP.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows XP
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router, Windows XP is required).
- Option of Disabling and Setting Priority of Files in any torrent: Files can be disabled, so they are not downloaded, or set to higher or lower priority, allowing you to select which files finish first.
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT): Torrents can be downloaded when tracker is offline using DHT.
- Support for Multi-tracker, and utf-8 extension, UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download - Innovative P2P Technology
- Preview while Downloading: Preview of mp3, rmvb, wmv, and qt is available during downloading process.
- Ability of Multi-Section Download: Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Mirror download: Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded. Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more.
- Ability of Multi-Peer download: BitTorrent technology is integrated into HTTP/FTP protocol, with which BitComet automatically finds other peers and gets data from them to increase your download speed without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Support for Unicode: Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
- Quick Resume: Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
Download Management - Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Easy to Use and Free!
- User-friendly and very easy-to-use, we try to hide every complicated terms behind the interface
- BitComet does not contain any adware or spyware.
- You can support us by making a donation.
Changes in version v0.89, 2007.06.01 :
GUI Improved: add "Hide this" to context menu of peer shared torrent list, no longer display the selected torrent files
GUI Improved: add "copy title" to context menu of peer shared torrent list, copy the title of selected torrent file to clipboard
GUI Improved: double click downloaded torrent file in peer shared torrent list to view corresponding task in task list
GUI Improved: new icon in my shared torrent file list to show the shared, but not downloaded torrent file
GUI Improved: peer shared torrent list will only refresh once when typing continuously in the filter edit box
GUI Improved: items in peer shared torrent list will keep selected when auto-refresh
GUI Improved: no torrent file will be displayed in shared torrent list in torrent file share disabled in perferences dialog
GUI Improved: the default number to show in the shared torrent list is set to "unlimit"
GUI Improved: new option of socket start interval(ms) in perferences dialog
GUI Bugfix: upload rate displays text error in task list if max upload rate of task is set
GUI Bugfix: operation to torrent will be misplaced after set filter to peer shared torrent list
GUI Bugfix: task number in history task list is not refreshed upon 0 clock at midnight
GUI Bugfix: "Open BC link" in file menu does not work if task summary pane is current active window
Core Bugfix: Share ratio of BT task is always 0 if only uploading without any downloading