Basically, Registry Healer is a tool for scanning your system's Registry for old and invalid keys. Registry Healer is particularly useful if you tend to install and uninstall a lot of programs. By putting it to work, it will help you clear out the junk that commonly fills up the Registry. Unlike similar utilities, this program doesn't simply (and dangerously) remove items from your Registry. It will attempt to correct invalid entries by finding matching folders and files that may have been moved. A separate component lets you select directories to scan. You will be able to instantly "heal" invalid entries, and safely delete some others.
Registry Healer provides a few other features for advanced users. The program provides one-click access to a registry key with the Windows RegEdit tool. Furthermore, you can highlight a reference and jump directly to the directory that it's pointing to. Finally, you can create "undo" files in the RegEdit format and full system backups. This lets you conveniently restore a Windows Registry to a previous state using native Windows? tools (even without having RegHealer installed in the system).
Registry Healer does not only delete invalid registry entries but also it searches your system for all available corrections. It can really fix the registry!
Registry Healer can also find invalid font references, obsolete Start Menu items, empty registry keys, invalid application paths, invalid registered help files and offer to correct them. So, running Registry Healer regularly will keep your registry clean and correct!
Registry Healer will:
- find and correct invalid file/folder registry references in Windows® 95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista;
- find and delete empty registry keys;
- find and correct invalid font entries;
- find and delete obsolete Start Menu items;
- find and correct invalid application paths;
- find and correct invalid registered help files;
- find and correct invalid shared DLL references;
- find and correct invalid autostart registry references;
- find and delete unused software registry references;
- find and correct invalid known DLLs registry references;
- find and correct invalid registered file types;
- search for all available corrections for invalid entries;
- open folder where invalid registry entry refers to;
- open any invalid registry entry in Windows® RegEdit;
- provide full registry backup before changes are made;
- backup modified only registry entries to RegEdit4 files, enabling you to restore any registry changes;
- run the program from Control Panel;
- save the list of found invalid entries into text file;
- print the list of found invalid entries.
New in version 4.5.0 :
+ Vista compatibility:
support running in a least privileged environment;
support of Vista registry;
+ option to use third-party tools for full registry backups;
* default list of excluded registry keys is updated;