Raxco PerfectDisk Professional 10.00 Build 100
Raxco Software Introduces the PerfectDisk 10 Product Line that is Truly Revolutionary Suite of disk defragmentation tools provides all-encompassing solution for PCs, laptops, servers, and virtualization environments including Virtual-Aware Defragmentation supporting VMware ESX Server and Microsoft’s Hyper-V, plus industry’s first support for Windows 7, and new Home Edition.
Raxco Software, the leader in disk defragmentation, now provides the power of enterprise defragmentation for desktop and laptop users with PerfectDisk. PerfectDisk's easy to use interface and powerful defrag engine were designed for users who do not require the capabilities of network defragmentation and advanced features for the enterprise.PerfectDisk is a software that helps you to defrag disks. If you want to optimize your computer to run faster and perform better so you can do more – whether work or surfing the Web – and don't run in a networked environment like many companies, then PerfectDisk is for you.
PerfectDisk provides new and enhanced features and easier navigation for home users, SMB (Small and Medium Business), and enterprise users. There is better performance on very large drives, scheduling and automatic defragmentation enhancements, reduction in system resources used, improved reporting and manageability, full 64-bit support, and many more exciting new features and enhancements.
• Keep your computer running like new. With patented SMARTPlacement™ technology, PerfectDisk10 Home Edition makes more free space available on your drive and speeds up everything you do. Browse the web, download music and edit pictures – faster.
• Work faster and get the most free space possible. PerfectDisk 10 Professional combines the power of SMARTPlacement™ with exclusive Space Restoration Technology™. You'll see faster boot times, fewer crashes and optimum desktop and laptop performance.
• Optimize your entire Windows Home Server environment so that you can access your photos, music and videos quickly. With it's Windows Home Server console integration, PerfectDisk 10 for Windows Home Server speeds up processing times so that your Windows Home Server and attached home computers works more efficiently.
Delivering a unique set of easy-to-use features and benefits not found in any other solution, PerfectDisk® will make your computer run like new. Work and play faster - and smarter. PerfectDisk makes everything you do on your computer faster - so you can be more efficient at your work or play. PerfectDisk patented SMARTPlacement™ optimization is paired with its exclusive single-pass defragmentation and Space Restoration Technology™ to maximize PC and laptop performance. All controlled and automated according to your unique requirements through AutoPilot Scheduling™ or StealthPatrol™ unattended background processing.
New feature highlights of the existing PerfectDisk product line include:
• Support for Windows® 7
• An improved user interface to enhance usability and the user experience
• New StealthPatrol™ automatic background defragmentation with intelligent self-adjustment to conserver resources
• Improved performance – up to 30% faster defragmentation and free space consolidation
• Exclusive new Space Management reports that provide graphical views of disk drive file and folder information
• New unlimited Pause capability
• New scheduling capabilities for VMware Workstation and VMware Server virtual guest machines
Patented SMARTPlacement™ – A Smarter Defragmenting Process
PerfectDisk 10 Professional's patented SMARTPlacement feature is the most sophisticated defragging solution available. It identifies the files you use most and then organizes them according to your unique usage patterns. This comprehensive process yields faster subsequent defrag passes, quicker computer boots, slower rates of fragmentation, reduced resource consumption and improved performance of desktops and laptops.
Complete Free Space Consolidation
Get the largest piece of consolidated, contiguous free space possible. PerfectDisk 10 Professional's exclusive Space Restoration Technology ensures that new files are created contiguously. This combined with industry-leading SMARTPlacement defrag features means optimal performance of desktops and laptops.
Defragment your systems according to your unique operations and needs. Daily, weekly, or when the screensaver is on. AutoPilot Scheduling let you defragment your PCs and laptops according to your unique needs.
Defrag During System Idle Times with Automatic StealthPatrol™
Work uninterrupted. Helping your office work at optimum efficiency, PerfectDisk 10 Professional's new StealthPatrol feature lets you schedule defrags only during computer idle times.
Unlike typical defraggers, PerfectDisk 10 Professional completely defrags your virtual drives (all files and metadata) and consolidates free space in just one pass – no matter how large or fragmented the system. With revolutionary minimal-free-space requirement, you can defrag an entire drive with as little as 1% free space.
Selected Files Defrag
PerfectDisk 10 Professional innovative Selected Files Defrag feature gives you complete control over the files you defrag – from a single file, to selected files, to the entire drive.
Full-Scale Central Management Options
Manage defragmentation seamlessly across your entire enterprise. Add the PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Console (sold separately) for enhanced deployment, scheduling, reporting and virtualization capabilities – all accessed through a simple administrative interface.
What's New in PerfectDisk® 10:
* Improved performance. Saving you time and resources, PerfectDisk's engine now runs up to 30% faster.
* Exclusive to PerfectDisk – Smart automatic StealthPatrol. Working during computer idle times, StealthPatrol now intelligently self-adjusts to conserve valuable system resources.
* Exclusive to PerfectDisk – Complete space management reports. PerfectDisk offers a host of new reports that enable you to quickly analyze space distribution of file and folders.
* Faster Free Space Consolidation. PefectDisk's industry-leading free space consolidation features now work faster than ever before.
* Enhanced AutoPilot Scheduling. A wide range of scheduling options gives you complete control and flexibility over your defrag schedule.
* Enhanced user interface. Easier to use than ever before, PerfectDisk's user-friendly interface includes tabbed navigation, setup wizards and graphics of your drive's fragmented files.
Raxco Software’s PerfectDisk Supports Windows 7, certified by Microsoft for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista
Changes in Build 10.00.100 (02/20/2009):
* Active Directory management functionality included in PerfectDisk for Exchange.
* Fixed crash in Space Explorer on File System tree when user right clicks on an empty space.
* Fixed detection of pagefile on Vista during boot time defrag.
* Consolidate Free Space - running a long time after progress is 100%.
* Close button behavior reverts back to minimize in system tray.
* An additional schedule without name is created when user adds StealthPatrol Schedule.
* PerfectDisk for Exchange - wrong datastore being compacted.
* Unwanted window with Pause button is shown on launch when Group Policy is configured.
* $UsnJrnl:$J data stream is reported as having 0 fragments, even if it's fragmented.
* StealthPatrol Schedule starts immediately upon creation.
* Duplicate search settings return to default after being saved.
* Statistics tab should not be opened for a drive with Defragmenting status.
* Welcome to PerfectDisk wizard keeps defaulting to Desktop computer.
* Space Explorer progress bar labeled with previously run drive/folder.
* Widows Home Server plug-in uses old icon.
* Considerable time is required to open PerfectDisk log.
* Incorrect URL for ‘Ask a Question’ in Product Resources.
* Online defrag on FAT/FAT32 drives does not need to compare directory fragmentation with threshold.
* Open "Using GPMC" page by default if Group Policy Management Console is installed.
* Consolidate Free Space defragmentation ignores threshold settings for a drive.
* Recycler results table can not be resized to show all results.
* Recycler reports double number of files cleaned in Recycler Bin on Vista.
* In StealthPatrol schedule list of important processes make GUI width too big.
* F5 button checks Recycle Bin and Temporary Files checkboxes on Recycler tab.
* ‘Every X weeks’ setting maximum is 99 on welcome wizard.
* Text does not fit on Space Explorer pane.
* Start and Stop buttons of Duplicates Finder pane uses the same tooltip.
* "Exit PerfectDisk" settings does not work on Windows 2000.
* Drive Map context menu needs to be restricted to the drive map area.
* PerfectDisk for Exchange launches with an error when install on a workstation.