Raxco PerfectDisk 10 Build 100 Enterprise Edition
Extend industry-leading defragmenting features across your Windows-based virtual environment. The PerfectDisk 10 Virtual Enterprise Edition is the first ever, centrally manageable defragmentation client that is both aware of its virtual existence and able to dynamically adjust its resource consumption behavior with respect to its physical server load. This allows you to enhance performance and improve productivity throughout your entire organization in virtual environments such as VMware ESX Server and Microsoft's Hyper-V.Virtual-Aware Defragmentation
Automatically determine how often defragmentation should run in your virtual guest environment based on resource availability at the physical host level. Resource contention is eliminated automatically by the PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Edition. Background processing ensures all the virtual machines are completely defragmented, free space consolidated, and the drive optimized with no resource contention between guest machines.
Includes PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Console
The PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Console is included with the PerfectDisk 10 Virtual Enterprise Edition at no cost. This provides complete and robust central management of your entire virtual and physical network and detailed information on fragmentation levels and issues across your network.
Patented SMARTPlacement™ - A Smarter Defragmenting Process
PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Edition's patented SMARTPlacement feature is the most sophisticated defragmentation solution available for virtual environments such as VMware Server ESX and Microsoft's Hyper-V. It identifies the files used most and organizes files according to unique usage patterns. This comprehensive process yields faster subsequent defrag passes, quicker boot times, slower rates of fragmentation, and reduced resource consumption.
Complete Free Space Consolidation
Get the largest piece of consolidated, contiguous free space possible across your virtual environment. PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Edition's exclusive Space Restoration Technology™ ensures that new files are created contiguously. This combined with industry-leading SMARTPlacement defrag features means optimal performance of your virtual environment.
Tailor a defrag schedule to your unique operations. Daily, weekly or when the screensaver is on, PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Edition's flexible AutoPilot Scheduling features let you defragment your virtual drives according to your organization's needs.
Defrag During System Idle Times with Automatic StealthPatrol™
Work uninterrupted. Helping your organization conserve valuable system resources, PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Edition's new StealthPatrol feature lets you schedule defrags only during system idle times.
Unlike typical defraggers, PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Edition completely defrags your virtual drives (all files and metadata) and consolidates free space in just one pass – no matter how large or fragmented the system. With revolutionary minimal-free-space requirement, you can defrag an entire drive with as little as 1% free space.
Selected Files Defrag
PerfectDisk 10 Enterprise Edition's innovative Selected Files Defrag feature gives you complete control over the files you defrag – from a single file, to selected files, to the entire drive
Changes in Build 10.00.100 (02/20/2009):
* Active Directory management functionality included in PerfectDisk for Exchange.
* Fixed crash in Space Explorer on File System tree when user right clicks on an empty space.
* Fixed detection of pagefile on Vista during boot time defrag.
* Consolidate Free Space - running a long time after progress is 100%.
* Close button behavior reverts back to minimize in system tray.
* An additional schedule without name is created when user adds StealthPatrol Schedule.
* PerfectDisk for Exchange - wrong datastore being compacted.
* Unwanted window with Pause button is shown on launch when Group Policy is configured.
* $UsnJrnl:$J data stream is reported as having 0 fragments, even if it's fragmented.
* StealthPatrol Schedule starts immediately upon creation.
* Duplicate search settings return to default after being saved.
* Statistics tab should not be opened for a drive with Defragmenting status.
* Welcome to PerfectDisk wizard keeps defaulting to Desktop computer.
* Space Explorer progress bar labeled with previously run drive/folder.
* Widows Home Server plug-in uses old icon.
* Considerable time is required to open PerfectDisk log.
* Incorrect URL for ‘Ask a Question’ in Product Resources.
* Online defrag on FAT/FAT32 drives does not need to compare directory fragmentation with threshold.
* Open "Using GPMC" page by default if Group Policy Management Console is installed.
* Consolidate Free Space defragmentation ignores threshold settings for a drive.
* Recycler results table can not be resized to show all results.
* Recycler reports double number of files cleaned in Recycler Bin on Vista.
* In StealthPatrol schedule list of important processes make GUI width too big.
* F5 button checks Recycle Bin and Temporary Files checkboxes on Recycler tab.
* ‘Every X weeks’ setting maximum is 99 on welcome wizard.
* Text does not fit on Space Explorer pane.
* Start and Stop buttons of Duplicates Finder pane uses the same tooltip.
* "Exit PerfectDisk" settings does not work on Windows 2000.
* Drive Map context menu needs to be restricted to the drive map area.
* PerfectDisk for Exchange launches with an error when install on a workstation.