R-Studio is a family of powerful and cost-effective undelete and data recovery software. Empowered by the new unique data recovery technologies, it is the most comprehensive data recovery solution for recovery files from FAT12/16/32, NTFS, NTFS5 (created or updated by Windows 2000/XP/2003), Ext2FS/Ext3FS (LINUX file systems) and UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD file systems) partitions. It functions on local and network disks, even if such partitions are formatted, damaged or deleted. Flexible parameter settings give you absolute control over data recovery.
R-Studio utilities recover files:
- Deleted without Recycle Bin, or when Recycle Bin has been emptied;
- Removed by virus attack or power failure;
- After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for different file system;
- When the partition structure on a hard disk was changed or damaged. In this case, R-Studio utilities can scan the hard disk trying to find previously existed partitions and recover files from found partitions.
- From hard disk with bad sectors. R-Studio Data Recovery Software can first copy the entire disk or its part into an image file and then process such image file. This is especially useful when new bad sectors are constantly appearing on the hard disk, and remaining information must be immediately saved.
New R-Studio features in version 3.0:
* New additional file recovery algorithm. Now R-Studio not only analyses file systems metadata but also searches for files of known types ( see list of known file types ) using typical features of their structures that allows the user:
- to increase quality of file recovery when the file system is not damaged;
- to recover files that are not recognized in file system metadata and not found during a disk scanning procedure;
- to recover files from devices with unknown file systems including HD, CD, DVD, floppy disk, Compact Flash Card, USB drive, ZIP drive, Memory Sticks and other removable media.
* New file systems support. In addition to FAT/NTFS/ExtFS2/ExtFS3, R-Studio 3.0 supports UFS1 and UFS2 file systems that are used in FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD operating systems.
R-Studio Emergency version*. R-Studio Emergency version was developed and added to R-Studio packages at no extra cost. R-Studio Emergency version is run from a compact disk or floppy disks set when it is necessary to recover data on a computer, on which Windows cannot start up because its system files are corrupted or deleted.
* R-Studio Emergency version is a part of R-Studio software package. When you buy R-Studio single license you may run R-Studio Emergency or/and install R-Studio version on one and the same PC only and you may not transfer the licensed software to another.
* File preview*. Most of the file types can be previewed to estimate recovery chances. Supported file types: - Graphic files ( see the list );
- video, audio files (all files are supported if a proper codec is installed on the system);
- MS Office files (Word documents and Excel spreadsheets only).
(R-Studio Emergency does not support the file preview option.)
* Scan process visualization. While scanning an object R-Studio graphically shows items that have been found, including files of known types, FAT and NTFS MFT records, boot records, etc.
* On-the-fly registration*. R-Studio and R-Studio Emergency Demo versions can be registered on-the-fly and R-Studio user does not need to reinstall a retail version when his files have been already found.
(R-Studio Emergency activation key is generated separately and requires a hardware code obtaining.)
* Enhanced remote host scanning procedure. In the new R-Studio network versions, data are analyzed on the remote host rather than on the local host and thereby a speed of recovery procedure greatly increases.