Atari800Win PLus version 2.8
An Atari 800/800XL/130XE/320XE/5200 emulator for Win32
This release is based on Atari800 v1.0.6 and Atari800Win sources.
A blue device with a P5 class processor on board
Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 with DirectX 3.0 or better
Atari 8-bit computer system ROMs.
Atari800Win.cnt help file contents
Atari800Win.exe MAIN EXECUTABLE
Atari800Win.hlp help file
file_id.diz this file
Zlib.dll compression library
Keyboard\Default.a8k default keyboard template
Keyboard\Ultima3.a8k keyboard template for Ultima3 game
Palette\Default.act default palette file
Palette\Gray.act palette file by Piotr Fusik
Palette\Real.act palette file by Zdenek Eisenhammer
Palette\Xformer.act Xformer's palette file
How to install:
Simply extract the ZIP to a directory and run Atari800Win.exe.
If you are unable to run the emulator, run Atari800Win.hlp and
read the 'Installation problems' topic.
See the credits section in the help file to get complete list of
people who have participated in this project.
Some new features comparing to an original Atari800Win v2.5c:
* entirely reconstructed menus and dialog boxes,
* Setup Wizard for automating instalation procedure,
* help file with context help support,
* emulation state indicators on status bar,
* many key shortcuts for easier use.
* ability to stream video to AVI file,
* double-buffering support for all full-screen modes,
* display synchronization with monitor refresh rate (for
* horizontal and vertical screen mirroring for DirectDraw modes,
* full-screen 400x300 and 320x400 DirectDraw display modes
* three ways to get stretched screen: pixel-doubling,
interpolation and scan lines,
* screen content repairing for windowed and full-screen modes,
* palette read from file or calculated basing on user-defined
* paddles, Atari touch tablet, Koala pad, light pen, light gun,
ST/Amiga mouse, joystick and Atari 5200 analog controller
emulation using PC mouse,
* ability to define own keysets for using them instead of
joystick (4 keysets may be used simultaneously),
* ability to use keysets and/or joysticks with all emulated 5200
* new autofire handling.
* file associations for integrating with shell,
* drag&drop support for disk images, executables, cartridge
images and saved-state files,
* new load method for binary files,
* ability to create blank disk images,
* automatical disk flipping for drive 1,
* screenshot support, including interlaced (.PCX files),
* external palette support (.ACT files),
* ROM to CART and XFD to ATR conversion support,
* ability to convert Atari text files to PC ones and vice versa,
* Atari BASIC and OS ROM images auto-searching.
* DOS-window based monitor console,
* emulation speed of range from 50 to 200 percent of real Atari
* printing support with ability to use alternative print command,
* ability to work in background.