This is an image of Windows XP Pro freshly installed on an ASUS Eee 4G. The size is just around a gig, so it might well fit on a 2G Surf. Send me one, and I'll test it! ;-)
- Based on Windows XP Pro SP2 (US English) (so-called Corporate edition).
- Most hotfixes up to and including December 2007 is installed.
- All device drivers is installed, also the somewhat uncooperative ACPI driver.
- Virtual memory and System Restore is turned off to save wear and tear on the SSD.
- The SD card now appears as a fixed disk.
- "Documents and Settings" is relocated to "D:" drive.
- You need an SD card in the card reader slot for "Documents and Settings"!
You don't need both Drive_C.rar and Drive_C.tib, they are identical. Use Drive_C.tib if you have Acronis True Image, Drive_C.rar if you don't.