Once your screen enters screensaver mode or a powered-off blank screen via suspend or power save feature, upon resume, the screen will stay in this "off" setting. You will need to reboot your EEE to restore the screen.
Limitations (External VGA port):
When switching from use of an external CRT/LCD monitor back to the native LCD screen on the EEE, you must uninstall the display driver in Device Manager and reboot the computer. Upon returning from restart, your display will be returned to the EEE's native LCD screen, and this driver will still be installed--there is no need to re-install the driver.
Note: if you plan on using an external CRT/LCD monitor with your EEE, it is recommended that you use the EEE's default Video driver.
1) Use 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the 'Intel Embedded Graphics Driver v8.0' folder from 'Intel Embedded Graphics Driver v8.0.7z' archive.
2) Navigate to /Intel Embedded Graphics Driver v8.0/Utilities/
3) Run 'Setup.exe'
5) Right-click on the desktop -->Properties
6) Click the 'Settings' tab
7) Click the 'Advanced' button
8) Click the 'Display Config' tab
9) Under the 'Display Configuration' portion change the 'Display Config' drop-down menu to 'Digital LCD (single)'
10) Under the 'Primary Mode' portion change the 'Resolution' menu to [email protected]'
11) Under the 'Display Setting' portion change the 'Port' menu to 'Digital LCD'
12) Click the 'Display Attributes' tab
13) Change the 'Port' menu to 'Digital LCD'
14) Press the 'OK' button or the "Enter' key--your screen should flicker black and then back
15) Adjust the resolution slider to 800x600 resolution, and press apply--(you may have to do this twice)
Voila-- 800x600 pixel native, non-scrolling resolution on your EEE PC.