AsfBin window GUI version 1.5.0
WMV WMA ASF Editor ( Very good RE-INDEX )
AsfBin is an old Asfcut successor. That means, no newer version of AsfCut will be realeased. Because AsfCut was using Windows Media Format SDK, which contained quite serious bugs which I wasn't able to work around, I decided to write my own, so to say, SDK. ;-)
AsfBin is a command line utility for cutting out fragments, joining, editing and repairing ASF files. AsfBin can be applied to any ASF file, that is, not only to those with ASF extension but also those with WMV and WMA extensions. Precision, speed and the maximum fidelity was my top priorities in desing of the AsfBin software. Not to mention, of course, reliabilty of this tool.
The whole operation is performed without recompression of the whole file. On a user demand, only a couple of first samples may be recompressed to give the ultimate precision in cutting. Because of that, the video quality is not degraded and the resulting file remains as unchanges as possible.
In the previous versions of the result of an operation was always one media file. But since version 1.5 a -sep option was introduced to allow a user to save each selected range to a separate file. Other unique feature is the ability to recreate key frames basing on progressive ones, thus allowing to cut the video at any desired time position. Because AsfBin do not rely on ASF file index, it can skip damaged area and repair the data stream starting from first good samples.
* cutting fragments out of all ASF files (*.asf, *.wmv,...),
* precise file joining,
* repairing damaged and/or unseekable ASF files (*),
* loseless processing,
* creating loops,
* ability to remove streams,
* adjusting packet size,
* adjusting buffer window,
* ability to removing scripts, markers,
* saving segments to a separate ASF files,
* inverting selection, so you can easily point the fragment to be deleted,
* adding markers and commands,
* delaying selected streams (not necessarily audio streams),
* printing out information on key frames location and index entries,
* control over the type of indexing,
* cutting fragments adjusted precisely to key frames locations,
* optimizing packet size,
* debugging ASF files,...
Also AsfBin Version 1.7 in command line: