Archivarius 3000 is a full-featured application to search documents and e-mail on the desktop computer, your local network and removable drives (CD, DVD). The documents can be searched by content, the same as with Internet search engines.
Current version: 4.22 (July 28, 2009).
Supported platforms: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista.
System requirements: Pentium 166+, RAM 32+.
Key features include
* Instant full-text search of documents and e-mails.
* Word form search on 18 languages.
* Support for LAN (local network) and removable drives (CD, DVD and others).
* Support for popular formats, document search from MS Office and PDF to TXT.
* Searching documents in archives ZIP, ACE, RAR and others.
* Searching in Outlook, Outlook Express, MS Exchange, Netscape, Thunderbird, PocoMail and The Bat! e-mail messages and their attachments.
* Searching in Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino databases.
* Remote searching and documents accessing via Internet.
* Full Unicode support.
Very strong features are
* Indexing and adminstration takes place in the main (not web-based) environment (a lot more flexible and usable than web-environments of other search tools).
* Very usable to add search functionality on an intranet to search content a company network.
* Easy administration and application of user rights.
* Preview of files in your browser.
* Usage of SSL is possible.
* Very fast index engine!
* Best quality for a low price!
Easy to customize (for system adminstrators)
* Easy to customize to company standards for layout (such as adding logo's and so on).
* Very easy to create a search form for searching only one index.
* You can add pre-defined queries to hyperlinks on an intranet.
Instant full-text search of documents and e-mail in 18 languages
Archivarius 3000 is the system which understands natural language queries (English, German, Spanish, French for example). Documents can be searched by keyword or using query language, the same like in Internet search engines. While searching, the program automatically generates all forms of words, which provide full-text documents search in 18 languages.
Support for LAN (local network) and removable drives (CD, DVD and others)
While indexing documents and e-mail, Archivarius 3000 will extract and save full information about them. During search, even if document is not physically accessible, Archivarius 3000 will find it by keywords and determine on which disk the required file is located.
Handling large volumes of documents and e-mail
Archivarius 3000 is built to handle rapidly growing document and e-mail flow with no hassle. You can index thousands of documents and messages daily and still you won't see any significant slowdown while searching and accessing them; there is no need for constant reducing number of documents and messages in your folders in order to make it running faster.
Support for popular documents
Archivarius 3000 understands the following document formats:
* 1C:Enterprise, External Reports (.ert)
* 1C:Enterprise, Moxcel Spreadsheets (.mxl)
* Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf)
* Adobe PageMaker 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.5 (.pm4, .pm5, pm6, .p65, .pmd)
* ChiWriter (.chi)
* Comma Separated Values (.csv)
* Compressed HTML (.chm)
* Corel Word Perfect (.wpd)
* DjVu book with text layer (.djv, .djvu)
* Embiid Reader book (.ubk, .ebk)
* Hangul Word Processor (.hwp)
* Help files (.hlp)
* HieBook book (.kml)
* Hyper Text Markup Language (.htm, .html)
* IBM Final Form Text (.fft)
* IBM Lotus 1-2-3 Spreadsheets (.wk1, .wk2, .wk3, .wk4, .wks)
* IBM Lotus Ami Pro (.sam)
* IBM Revisable Form Text (.rft)
* InfoSelect data file (.wd)
* Internet Location (.url)
* Microsoft Excel 2/3/4/5/95/97/2000/XP/2003 (.xls, .xlw)
* Microsoft InkWriter (.pwi)
* Microsoft Power Point (.ppt)
* Microsoft Word (.doc)
* Microsoft Word for Macintosh (.mcw)
* Microsoft Word templates (.dot)
* Microsoft Works databases (.wdb)
* Microsoft Works documents (.wps)
* Microsoft Works spreadsheets (.wks, .xlr)
* Microsoft Write (.wri)
* MIME HTML (.mht)
* MIME mail (.eml)
* Mirabilis ICQ Chat (.cht)
* Norton Guide database (.ng)
* Outlook message (.msg)
* Palm Database (.pdb)
* Plain Text (.txt, .asc, .lex)
* PROMPT translator (.std)
* Psion TCR book (.tcr)
* Psion ZVR book (.zvr)
* Rich Text Format (.rtf)
* Squish message base (.sqd)
* StarWriter documents (3.0/4.0/5.0) (.sdw)
* The Bat! mail archive (.tbk)
* TRichView documents (.rvf)
* WinOrganizer databases (.gso)
* Wizissoft CyberArticle book (.book)
* Wjjsoft Mybase database (.nyf)
* Word and Deed (.w&d)
* XML Extensible Markup Language (.xml)
* Zinio Reader magazine (.zno)
Support for popular e-mail formats
Archivarius 3000 understands the following e-mail messages:
* Becky! mailbox
* E-mail message (.eml, .msg)
* Eudora mailbox
* Firebird mailbox
* Firefox mailbox
* Fort? Agent mailbox
* IBM Lotus Notes/Domino (.nsf)
* Microsoft Exchange 95/97/98/2000/2001/2002/2003 (.ost)
* Microsoft Outlook 97/98/2000/2002(XP)/2003 (.pst)
* Microsoft Outlook Express (.dbx)
* Mozilla mailbox
* Netscape mailbox
* Opera 5/6/7/8/9 (.mbs)
* PocoMail mailbox
* The Bat! (.msb, .tbb, .tbk)
* Thunderbird mailbox
* Unix mailbox (.mbx, .mbs)
Searching in e-mail messages attachments is also supported.
Support for popular Internet messenger formats
* MSN Messenger
* Mirabilis ICQ
* Miranda IM
* Odigo IM
Search in popular archives
Archivarius 3000 supports searches in the following type of archives:
* $ - CAZIP by Computer Associates (.$)
* $ - EDI Install Pro by Eschalon (.$)
* $ - InstallShield 1.0 (.$)
* $ - IrwinPac (.$)
* $ - NetWare Packer by Novell (.$)
* 7Z - 7-Zip by I. Pavlov (.7z)
* ABP - ABComp by A. Bangar (.abp)
* ACE - WinACE (.ace)
* ADF - AmigaDOS (.adf)
* ALZ - ALZip by ESTsoft (.alz)
* ARC - PKARC by PKWARE (.arc)
* ARJ - ARJ Software (.arj)
* ARQ - ARQ Crusher! by DC Micro (.arq)
* ATS - ATS by ATSPACK (.ats)
* BH - BlakHole (.bh)
* BIN - MacBinary (.bin)
* BSA - BSARC by PhysTechSoft (.bsa)
* BWF - Beame & Whiteside Software (.bwf)
* BZ - BZIP1 (.bz)
* BZ2 - BZIP2 (.bz2)
* CAB - Cabinet by Microsoft (.cab)
* CLOOP.IMG - Compressed LOOPback device (cloop.img)
* CORK by Omega Logic
* CP/M Crunch
* CP/M Squeeze 1.0
* CPIO - CPIO package (.cpio)
* CPZ - CP Shrink by Central Point Software (.cpz)
* DEB - Debian Software Package (.deb)
* DH - DH by Compex (.dh)
* DMS - DISK-Masher (.dms)
* F - Freeze 2.0 (.f)
* GZIP (.gz)
* HA - Harri Hirvola (.ha)
* HQX - BinHex 4.0 (.hqx)
* HUF - HUFF by HI-TECH (.huf)
* ICE - Freeze by REEVEsoft (.ice)
* IMA - IMA floppy disk image (.ima, .img, .vfd, .dsk)
* IMG - HD-Copy by Oliver Fromme (.img)
* IMP - Technelysium Pty (.imp)
* ISO - ISO 9660 disk image (.iso, .img, .nrg, .bin, .cue)
* JAR - JavaSoft (.jar)
* KWAJ by Microsoft
* LBR - CP/M LBR (.lbr)
* LSZ - LSZ by Delrina (.lsz)
* LZH - CP/M LZH (.lzh)
* LZH - LHA by H. Yoshizaki (.lzh)
* LZS - EDILZSS by Eschalon (.lzs)
* LZX - Amiga LZX (.lzx)
* MAR - Mozilla ARchive (.mar)
* MD - MDCD by M. Davenport (.md)
* NPACK by Symantec
* NSK - NaShrinK by Nashsoft Systems (.nsk)
* PLL - PAKLEO by ThunderSoft (.pll)
* PP - Amiga PowerPacker (.pp)
* PVL - Instalit by Asymetrix (.pvl)
* Q - Quantum by Cinematronics (.q)
* RAR - WinRAR by E. Roshal (.rar)
* RPM - RPM package (.rpm)
* Ross Data Compression
* SAR - SAR by Streamline Design (.sar)
* SB - SBX by SpinnerBaker Software (.sb)
* SHR - PC-Install by 20/20 Software (.shr)
* SPIS TCompress
* SZ by Microsoft BASIC
* SZDD by Microsoft
* TAR - Tape ARchive (.tar)
* VHD - Virtual PC (.vhd)
* VMDK - VMware (.vmdk)
* Z - InstallShield 3.0 (.z)
* Z - Oberon Setup Utility (.z)
* Z - SCO LZH Compress (.z)
* Z - UNIX Compress (.z)
* ZIP - PKZIP by PKWare (.zip)
* ZOO (.zoo)
Thus Archivarius 3000 contains own module for unpacking all archives. This means that presence of external archivers is not required.
Remote searching and documents accessing via Internet
Remote search server feature allows a search and retrieval of documents with another computer via network using any browser (for example Microsoft Internet Explorer). With them you can search, overview found fragments and download or send via e-mail found documents using usual web browser even when you are out of home or office.